Hike

Y/N POV 

Hiking wasn't really my thing. But when there is a child on your shoulders it makes it even worse. I love Rose with everything I have but sometimes her demands become a bit too hard to satisfy. All of the running around made me exhausted but Rose was still so full of energy. She kept telling me to run or jump around but she very quickly started to get bored of my lack of response. Scarlett took pity on me and reached out for Rose before handing her off to Hunter who just bolted away and left us in the dust. Karsten had offered to carry a picnic basket because we wanted to eat up in a clearing he had nearby. 

"You look tired." Scar slows down enough to stand next to me and I kiss her cheek before answering. 

"I didn't get much sleep last night." I nudged her with a smirk and she laughed. 

"Then why aren't I tired too?" She teases. 

"You slept in late," I grumble and she laughs again. 

"Stop being moody." She jabs my side and I slap her hand away. 

"Hey! Calm down, ladies!" Karsten yells from behind us. 

"Sorry!" Scarlett shouts over her shoulder before she starts laughing again. I have to stop and just smile at her because seeing her so carefree and just laughing is so nice. She seems to be actually enjoying herself at this moment and I love it so much. I wish she could always be like this, no cares in the world. "What are you looking at?" Her voice brings me back from my little daydream and I just shr,g. 

"You," I answer and her face flushes a little bit. 

"Anything in particular?" She asks in a gentle tone.

"The way your cheeks turn rosy when you laugh. The smile that forces its way onto your face in moments like this. Also the way one of the corners of your mouth moves higher than the other." I say and she seems slightly surprised. 

"That was a lot more specific than I thought you were going to be." She says before smiling at me. 

"I could go on. This little curly hair right here is adorable." I pull slightly on her hair and she grins at me. 

"It's slightly less purple." She says and I laugh. 

"I like it like this." I decide. 

"Maybe you should dye your hair too." She says and I widen my eyes slightly. 

"No way. I refuse to wear a wig to film." I say.

"I have to!" She argues. 

"That's your own fault for playing a character with red hair." I point out and she sighs. 

"Did you know I dyed my hair for auditions?" She asks and I give her a surprised look. 

"You really wanted to play Black Widow." I say and she nods. 

"My dream role." She agrees and I smile at her. 

"It does seem pretty fun to do all those flips and beat up guys." I agree. 

"My favorite scenes are with you." She says and I smile before kissing her cheek.

"Such a charmer," I say. 

"Look, I love you two... but please let me get ahead of you two a little," Karsten says from behind us and I turn with heat rising in my cheeks. "Move aside!" He walks in between us and gets a good distance ahead of us before Scar takes my hand and we start to walk again. 

"Want to go a longer way?" She asks. 

"Now why would we do that?" I ask and she grins up at me. 

"It's a pretty walk. Plus I want some alone time with you. Is that a bad thing?" She asks and I quickly shake my head.