Birthday Morning

Y/N POV 

Robert had kept his word. He had been here bright and early to pick up Rose, and the two of them were going to have a fun-filled day. Rose had begged him to take her shopping for a gift for Scarlett, so that seemed like a good thing for them to do. Though Robert had been here so early that Scar wasn't even awake yet. Her waking up to her kid missing was probably not how she expected her birthday to go. 

"Y/N?" She shouts down the stairs, and I hear her footsteps soon afterward. 

"No! Go back into bed!" I try to stand in front of the breakfast I was preparing, only to meet her glare when she turns the corner. 

"Is Rose down here?" She asks. 

"No. She's with Robert. Now shoo!" I try to make myself as large as I can so I can cover the majority of everything, but she definitely knows. 

"You sent my child away already?" She teases and slowly turns around. 

"I thought she was our child," I respond, and she laughs. 

"Yes. Ours." She repeats before climbing the stairs again. 

I sigh in relief that she actually decided to listen to me. Part of me expected her just to force me to give her breakfast here and now because she knows I can never say no. I think I might have a bit of a problem in that area. I shake my head and speed up plating the rest of the food before balancing everything as carefully as I can. It's a struggle, but I manage to maneuver my way up the stairs, and I kick the door open.

Scarlett is lying in bed with pillows propped up behind her and her phone in hand. She lets her phone drop to her lap as she sees me walk toward her with food. 

"Oh! What a surprise." She teases me and reaches out to take the tray from me. 

"You shouldn't have woken up." I pout, and she shrugs. 

"You shouldn't have dropped a pan." She says, and I roll my eyes. 

"It was not that loud." I defend. 

"It was loud enough. Now kiss me." She demands, and I lean down closer. 

"Anything you ask," I whisper before kissing her. She hums softly against my lips, and we both smile, breaking the kiss. "Happy birthday, my love." 

"Thank you." She pecks my lips a few more times before looking at her lap. "How much can I abuse my birthday power?" 

I laugh before responding, "Seeing as it's still early... do whatever you want. I'm not fed up with you yet." 

"Feed me." She decides, and I roll my eyes. 

"Move over." I kick her leg, and she shuffles to the side so I can reclaim my spot. I pick up the fork and start feeding her bites of her breakfast which makes her smile. 

"What are we doing today?" She asks. 

"I have ideas but if you want to add something we can." I say with a shrug. 

"Dinner?" She asks. 

"Already made reservations." I smile and she smiles back. 

"Something romantic?" She presses. 

"You'll be surprised." I tease and she laughs. 

"What about after dinner...?" She twirls a piece of her hair around her finger and tries to pretend to be innocent. 

"I think that would be a perfect time for dessert." I say and I meet her gaze. 

"What kind?" She tries to get more information out of me.