Preperations

Y/N POV 

"Guys! I want your attention!" Kevin claps his hands a few times and we all turn to look at him instead of chatting with each other. 

"You got it, boss!" Robert shouts and Kevin rolls his eyes. 

"I just wanted to thank all of you for all the hard work you're putting in. We're getting through this a lot faster than I originally expected us to. I'm so proud to be able to work with all of you and I really do hope that this continues in the future." Kevin says and I feel Scarlett squeeze my hand so I look down at her. She has a cute little smile on her face so I kiss her cheek. "Seeing as we're way ahead of schedule my request is for all of you to get out of here and do something fun." 

"Flashbacks to early dismissals from school," Jeremy mutters. 

People slowly head toward the exit but Kevin calls me back with a calm, "Y/n. Can you stay for a moment?" 

"Someone's in trouble." Robert whistles and I smack his arm before I turn around. Scarlett stays behind to talk with Robert and Jeremy. 

"What's up?" I ask as he opens the door to his office. 

"Are you ready for tonight?" He asks me and I sigh. 

"I got all my ideas written out. So on the business side of things, I'm all set." I say and he raises an eyebrow. 

"What about the emotional side of things?" He asks. 

"I'm fine, Kevin. I can get my work done, don't worry about that." I assure him and he shakes his head. 

"I don't care about the work. I care about the person." He says and he locks eyes with me as he searches my gaze. 

"Obviously I would rather not have to do this. But at one point or another, I have to face my fears." I say and he raises an eyebrow. 

"You're scared of him?" He asks. 

"Hell no," I say with a small laugh. "I'm scared of what I might do to him." 

"That sounds more like you." He claps a hand on my shoulder before pulling me into a tight hug. "You're going to be the best host they have ever had." 

"I'm glad to know you believe in me," I say and he pats my back a few times before pulling away from the hug. 

"Always. Now! Go home for a bit, Y/N. Enjoy your free time." He instructs and I raise an eyebrow. 

"Was this early release just for me?" I ask and he smirks. 

"Maybe." He says in a quiet tone. 

"You better be careful, some may say you're playing favorites." I tease. 

"Oh, I definitely am." He winks at me before laughing. 

"Well, I'm honored," I say as I reach for the door. "See you tomorrow." 

"See you tomorrow, Y/N." He waves as he sits down at his desk and I leave the room. 

"Are you fired?" Robert calls out the second I shut the door. 

"Yup," I say in a flat tone and he gives me a surprised look. 

"Wait. What?" He asks and I see Scarlett covering her mouth as she starts to laugh. 

"Of course, I'm not fired!" I walk over and he sighs in relief. 

"I wouldn't survive without having someone to make fun of." He says and I laugh as I walk over to them. 

"You'd find someone," I assure him and he shrugs. 

"What are you guys going to do now?" He asks. 

"I have no plans." I shrug and look over at Scarlett.