Meeting

A/N For the record I really know nothing about SNL besides the super short things I've watched in the past. I do know that currently some of the people I'm going to have in the cast aren't working there but since this is still kinda in the past for my purposes they still work there. Also, don't look too closely... because I think you'll find many flaws. Enjoy! 

Y/N POV 

"Are you sure you don't want me to come in?" Chris asks as he pulls up to the front of the building. 

"I'm sure. This is going to take an hour at most. Calm down." I say and he sighs. 

"I'll park over there." He points toward the side of the building and I nod as I open the door. 

"I wasn't stressed until you and Scar started to freak out. Now I'm more worried than I should be." I say and he sighs. 

"I'll be close." He promises again and I nod. 

"I know you will be. Have fun in the car." I say and he flashes me a smile before I get out and head into the building. 

The second I'm through the doors I'm greeted with a shout of my name, "Y/N!" 

I spin around to see Kate McKinnon leaning against a desk as she starts filling up a cup of coffee. "Hey!" I greet and she walks over to give me a gentle hug. 

"You're early." She states and I shrug. 

"Not by much. Traffic was easy." I say and she nods. "Coffee this late?" I ask as point over at the cup. 

"Yup. Long day. The others are in the meeting room probably arguing over ideas." She points down the hall as she picks up her cup. "Want one?" 

"I'm good. But thanks for the offer." I say as she leads me down the hall. 

We enter the room and it's pretty straightforward. It looks like I just walked into some kind of business meeting but there just aren't as many suits. There's a large oval table with a bunch of writers and cast members and they are all talking amongst themselves. "Not everyone is coming to this. Just some of our main writers and the people you'll work with most of the time." Kate explains before clapping her hands to get everyone's attention. My eyes flick across the group until I see him. He's at the edge of the table near the back and he's staring right at me. 

"Shall we introduce ourselves? Do the lovely stupid ice breaker?" Kenan Thompson asks and everyone laughs. 

"Sounds fantastic. Let's say our names and a random fact about ourselves." Kate says and I roll my eyes. 

"Flashbacks to literally any school-related thing," I say which gets some more laughs as Kate and I sit down next to each other. "Well... I'm Y/N Y/LN. And a random fact about me is... uh, I want to write a children's book sometime in the future." I don't know where that came from. I've always wanted to do something with writing more than for movies but perhaps that conversation with Scarlett had opened up some more things than I thought. 

"That would be amazing. We need more books for kids. I'm getting tired of the old ones." Kate says and people nod in agreement. "And I'll go next. I'm Kate McKinnon and I once won a hot dog eating contest at a carnival in my hometown." 

"How do you always find something new to tell us?" Kenan asks. 

"My life is quite a story." She smirks at everyone before she laughs. 

"That it is. My name is Mikey Day and I want to start a podcast about playing board games." He says and I nod. 

"I'm not sure this is really necessary, guys. I know all of your names." I say and Kate glares at me.