Karsten

Scarlett POV 

My dad lived further away than the rest of my family so Y/N and I decided to take a trip up to his place for the weekend with Rose. Hunter was going to be there as well so it would be a much better family gathering compared to the last one. I was still pissed about that. On the way there Y/N had been on and off the phone with Ryan and it was really weird that the two of them were getting so friendly. 

When we did arrive Rose jumped out of the car and ran toward the front door. My dad liked to be further away from society because he liked being alone. His house was back in the woods and he lived in a log cabin. It was a small place but it was perfect for him. The moss that was slowly creeping up the sides of the house was higher than the last time I was here. 

Rose jumped in Karsten's arms when he opened the door and he swung her around. Hunter was in the driveway with a basketball in his hand as he was shooting at an old hoop. Y/N got out of the car and opened my door for me which was sweet and I saw my dad watching us. 

"Hey! Y/N!" Hunter yells and she looks over as he passes her the ball. She catches it and glances at me. 

"Go have fun." I pat her back and she laughs before running over to join him. I walk over to join my dad and Rose. He has a few chairs outside around a firepit so he sets Rose down before reaching out to hug me. 

"How are things going with Y/N?" He asks and I pull away to glance at her and Hunter. She shoots and scores a basket while Hunter tries to block her. 

"Couldn't be any better," I whisper and he smiles at me. 

"I heard she was bedridden for a bit." He says and I frown at the reminder. 

"Yeah. Spinal fracture." I shrug and walk away to go over to Rose. But I frown even more when she hops up from the chair and runs over to join Y/N and Hunter. 

"How'd that happen?" He asks as we start to walk over to the other three. 

"No idea." I shrug and he narrows his eyes. 

"Rose! Catch!" Y/N passes the ball to Rose with a gentle toss and she manages to wrap her arms around it. I smile as Y/N picks Rose up and reaches up to the net. Hunter lowers the net a little and Rose dunks it through the hoop.

"I did it!" She cheers and does a little dance when Y/N puts her down. 

Hunter walks over to give me a hug as Rose watches Y/N shoot a few more. "How'd you get a girlfriend that's good at everything?" He asks as she jumps up to hang from the hoop. 

"Back off." I narrow my eyes and he raises his hands in the air. 

"I was just pointing it out!" He defends. 

"I'm not going to forget you had a crush on her." I remind him and my dad laughs. 

"You two are too much." He comments before walking over to Y/N, "Pass!" 

"I don't still like her." He complains and I roll my eyes. "Come on! I'm happy for you! I'm just jealous that she's better at basketball than me." 

"Scar! You should try!" Y/N shouts and I glance over at her. 

"I'm good!" I answer and she pouts. 

"Really?" Hunter asks and he shoves my shoulder a little bit. 

"I don't want to embarrass myself this early on," I mutter but I let him keep pushing me over to join the others. 

"Here." My dad passes me the ball and I just stare at it in my hands. 

"Throw it, Mommy!" Rose directs and I huff before tossing it toward the hoop. It hits the backboard before plopping onto the ground for Y/N to grab. 

"Come here." She directs and I listen as I walk over to her. "Hold the ball like this." She directs and then hands it to me for me to try. Her arms wrap around me from behind to shift my stance and smile at her side profile.