Overheard

Scarlett POV 

As we got closer and closer to the end of filming, so was the matter of our future separation. Y/N and I had avoided talking to each other about the subject, and it seems like our way of dealing with it is to ignore it. This will likely come back to get us later, but it's working perfectly for now. 

We had also moved forward with the purchase of the house. We won the bid and had heard back from the house inspector; everything was in working order. Rose had enjoyed running around, and I had to stand back from her mad sprinting through the backyard. The house reminds me a lot of my Dad's place. The vast backyard and entrance to a wooded area are hard to find around here, and I love it.  

There have been no steps in moving our things into the house yet because of how busy our schedules were. Well, at least mine. Y/N kept getting to leave early, which was a fact she would run in all of our faces as we were sweating in costumes, and she was walking out with a milkshake or something. I'm not sure if she knew it or not, but she was one hundred percent favored by everyone here. 

Something that had recently happened which shocked me to the point she felt embarrassed was she brought in a gift for someone on the crew who just had their birthday. I kept asking her who the gift was for until she named someone I didn't know. At first, I just assumed it was a friend of hers, but when she brought it to work and gave it to one of our microphone operators. That moment really made me feel shitty about how I treat the people here who aren't my castmates. Though through all of my years of acting, no one besides her had remembered the birthdays of pretty much everyone.  

With all the talk about birthdays, I was constantly reminded that mine was getting closer. Even without the talks, Y/N's constant questions about what I wanted would have reminded me. Getting older isn't really the best thing in the world, but we still have to celebrate it. 

Today was a hectic day for me because I was constantly in action. I usually have a lot of time in between shoots, and I have some alone time to nap in a corner. Today needed a high energy level, and I didn't have the energy to give. 

As I was heading to yet another scene, I was stopped by Chris, who looked half in costume and half out. "Where does Y/N go after she leaves?" He asked quickly, so I stared at him like he was speaking another language. 

"Sorry. My head is barely working at this point. What did you say?" I ask, and I shake my head around a little to clear out the fog of sleep. 

"Where does Y/N go after she leaves?" He repeats a little bit slower. 

"Uh... She picks up Rose and then heads home." I answer with a shrug, "Why?" 

"I was just curious." He starts to walk away. 

"You have to give me a better reason than that!" I call after him.

"It's not important." He answers, and I so badly want to follow him, but I can almost hear Kevin's stink eye if I got there late. 

I struggled through the rest of the day, and it felt like it would never end. The closer we got to the end of filming, the longer the days seemed to go. I was tempted to hire an uber or something similar because almost felt too tired to drive. But then I started to think about what leaving the car here would mean, so I got in and started to head home. 

We live in the middle of the city, so traffic was awful. But I've learned how to drive like a New Yorker, so pushing through traffic was almost second nature that even dead tired, I was able to do it safely. 

Pulling up to the house, I was concerned by the cars outside and the amount of light shining through the windows. Though I usually get home earlier than this, so the lights might be normal and I just don't know. I instantly recognize Chris's car, but it talks me a bit longer to remember that Alyssa is the owner of the flashy one.