Departure

Y/N POV

People like to believe that starting a new journey is better than sticking with the old one forever. I believe that that's overly dramatic and we should stick to what makes us happy. For me, Scarlett is what makes me happy.

Standing here right now felt like I was leaving something behind that I could never possibly regain. Her arms were wrapped around my neck and her hands clasped at my hair as she held onto me. I rested my arms against her hips and my head on her shoulder as she started whispering to me. I was too out of it to make sense of what she was saying.

Scarlett gently pulled away and moved one of her hands to rest on my cheek, "You'll keep me updated?"

"You know I will." I move my hand to cover hers and we share a sad smile.

"The second you land I'm expecting a text." She raises her eyebrow and I manage a light laugh.

"I love you." I whisper and she nods.

"I love you too, more than you know." Her thumb lightly moves up and my cheek which makes me lean into her touch. As we stare at each other, soaking in the last moments we have together, I glance at the clock realizing that I have to leave. "You should go."

"I can't." I feel my eyes well up with tears and a lump forming in my throat. How could I leave her? I knew it would be difficult, but this? This was worse than I could have ever imagined. I never expected to miss her before I even left.

"You have too, love. Contracts, remember?"

"Right. Contracts." I nod as I wipe away the unfallen tears.

"We will still have our fun." Scarlett takes a long glance down my body and I can't help but chuckle at where her mind is going.

"How so?" I ask, raising my own brow. How far would she take this?

"Let me just say, you call me Ms. Horny for a reason." She winks and I laugh, she managed to turn this into a light hearted yet sexual conversation. I loved it.

"I should have borrowed some of your stash." I wink.

"Check your suitcase." She trails her hand down the side of my face until she rested it on my neck.

"You didn't..." I trail off as I meet her eyes, she most definitely did.

"There may be a few other things stashed in there too." She winks.

"Like what!" I demand and she smirks.

"You did give me a lovely camera, may as well put it to use." She says in the most innocent tone imaginable. I ended up just staring at her after those words. "There may be a few cuter things in there from Rose and I. You'll just have to explore."

I couldn't help but roll my eyes at her sudden change of topic, "You can't do that!"

"Do what?" She raises an eyebrow and I sigh.

"Combine our lovely family with your Ms. Horny side." I say and she starts laughing.

"You're the one who's stealing Rose's name for me." She reminds me and I shove her backwards.

"Get away from me!" I complain and we're suddenly both laughing. Though, our laughter dies down rather quickly. My eyes lock to hers as hers meet mine and a wave of sadness crashes over us.

"I'm going to miss you." She says as she wipes the corner of her eyes in an attempt to prevent more tears from falling.

"I'm going to miss you more." I say as I try not to cry from looking at her eyes, the ones I could always get lost in. They were always filled with love, normally at least, at this moment all I could find was a desperation not to cry. "It's ok." I whisper and she shakes her head.