Intrepid

Y/N POV 

"Your breakfast is served." Scarlett kicks open the door and I toss my phone to the side as she walks in. 

"It looks wonderful. I'm happy you decided that the hair was a little too far." I tease as I take the tray from her. 

"I didn't want you to choke and die on me this early." She flicks my nose and I laugh. "Want me to feed you too?" She asks in a baby voice and I swat her hand away. 

"You can just sit there and look pretty," I answer and she gives me a small smile. 

"I can do that." She leans against the headboard as I take a bite. "I do have a question for you." 

"Go ahead." I nod and I turn my attention to her.

"What's with the flowers downstairs?" She asks and I laugh a little. 

"There was this flower store on the way back from Alyssa's... When I saw the lights on I thought I could bring a peace offering." I explain and she smiles. 

"That's the most adorable thing I've heard." She leans over to kiss me and she steals a piece of my bread when she pulls away. 

"I'm insulted." I pout as she takes a bite. 

"You said to look pretty. I'm looking pretty while eating toast." She takes another bite and I laugh. "Do I not look pretty?" 

"You always look pretty," I assure her and she grins. "So you liked the flowers?" 

"I love them." She leans in to kiss me and I move my hand to the back of her neck to keep her there. 

When we finally pull apart we're both kind of surprised by how passionate it was but we end up just giving each other shy smiles. I finish eating and I share the rest with her before I get up to get dressed. 

"Would you like to walk? Or should I drive?" She asks as I'm pulling a jacket on. 

"We can walk." I shrug and she nods.

"Hats on." She tosses me a cap and I laugh. 

"They'll find us anyway." I remind her and she sighs. 

"Then they are going to get some juicy photos." She takes my hand and leads me out the door.

"Such a rebel." I tease as she starts to lead me to wherever we're going. 

"Oh, I know." She winks and I laugh. 

"Where are we going?" I try again and she shrugs. 

"We have to get to the other side of everything." She answers and I groan. 

"Maybe we should have driven then," I whine and she laughs. 

"Keep up." She drops my hand and starts jogging down the street through the mess of people. I shake my head before taking off after her and I try to avoid all the weird looks we get. I guess people don't run through the city all too often. 

"Slow down!" I say when I manage to catch up to her. 

"Are you ready to look at houses tomorrow?" She asks as she changes the topic of conversation. 

"Of course! I was going to ask you something though." I say and she glances over at me so I reach out to grab her arm as the cars start moving across the crosswalk. "Watch it." 

"Sorry." She huddles next to my side and I smile at her. 

"How in love with the city are you?" I ask and she furrows her eyebrows. 

"I've been here since I was a kid. So I guess I'd say I love it." She shrugs and I nod. 

"Would you ever think about looking other places for a house?" I ask and she looks up at me right as the light changes and we start walking.