Snow Day

Y/N POV 

I was woken up by soft touches against the back of my neck. I groaned softly and tried to turn away, but Scarlett pulled me closer to her. "Wake up." She shakes my shoulders, and I start to rub my eyes before looking up at her. 

"It's too early," I complain, and she smiles. 

"You won't want to miss this." She tugs my arm, and I roll off the mattress and onto the floor. 

"Miss what?" I grumble as I take her hand in order to stand up. 

"Get dressed." She says instead of answering me. When I don't move, she pushes me back a little and toward a suitcase. 

"Miss what?" I ask again. 

"One of my favorite moments of parenting." She answers, and I furrow my eyebrows together. "Telling Rose there is a snow day. You'll love the way her face brightens." I grin, and she smiles back, "You're adorable." 

I watch as she brings her hands up to her hair to bring it back into a ponytail. She leans to the side so she can see into the mirror, and I can't help myself. Instead of getting dressed like she wanted me to, I walk over and wrapped my arms around her as tight as I could. 

"Y/N!" She giggles a little and rests her hands on mine. 

"Thank you," I whisper, and she forces my arms off of her so she can face me. 

"For what?" She asks. 

I place a hand on her cheek and just stare at her for a few seconds as I try to figure out how to phrase this. "For... for letting me feel how it is to be a mom. I never knew how badly I wanted this." 

"Y/N..." Her voice gets softer as she looks up at me, "You're perfect to her, and she knows that. I fall even deeper in love with you whenever I see you two together." 

Instead of answering, I bring my lips down to hers to kiss her. She moans softly into the kiss, and her hands move up my back to wrap around the back of my neck. She takes a step back until her back is flush against the wall. 

"I love you so much." She whispers against my lips, and I pull away to respond. 

"I love you too," I say before kissing her again. 

She gently places a hand on my chest to push me away, "As much as I want to keep doing this..." 

"Right." I nod and clear my throat as I step away. "We have to make Rose smile." 

"Exactly. Though you have to get dressed, you moron." She teases, and I smile. I turn away and return to looking for a change of clothes when she speaks again, "Y/N?"

"Yeah?" I glance over my shoulder as I pull my shirt down. 

"You really like the fact that you're taking on a parenting role?" She clasps her hands together and looks down. 

"Uh, yes?" I say, and she glances up at me. "Why are you asking?" 

"It's just... everyone who knew you before me seems to think it's weird. Your mom and Alyssa both told me about how weird it was." She explains, and I furrow my eyebrows together. 

"What did they tell you?" I ask as I finish getting dressed. 

"That you didn't want kids." She sums it up. 

"We've discussed this before, Scar. Yes. Kids weren't in my idea of my future. At least not this soon. I thought I wouldn't be a good parent because of the kind of work I do. Though I hope I'm proving that to be wrong." I walk over and take her hands in mine, and she looks up at me. "I've never been happier."