Time Apart

Y/N POV

I wasn't sure how I was dealing with the separation. Some may call it separation anxiety, others may call it healthy. I really have no clue. Scarlett and I tried our hardest to call as we fell asleep and woken up to each other but the time differences were just too much to handle and it would always end up ruining one of our sleeps. I didn't mind being woken up by her but if I ever woke her up I could tell how drained she was later in the day.

I was counting down the days until I could return to her and Rose. Christmas was rapidly approaching and I was leaving even earlier than I had told Scar. Maybe that was a dumb decision but I really wanted to surprise her. It was a very last minute thing because I found out there was a large chunk of filming that I wasn't needed for. After Christmas the threat of press tours for The Avengers was upon us so I would be with Scarlett for a while before we had to go our separate ways again.

Those press tours had been the topic that Scar and I would talk about most often. She was still dead set on using this as a chance to finally address the rumors about her and I. I'm not going to lie, I thought she was going to have backed out of this agreement by now. I was willing to wait forever as long as I still got to be with the wonderful woman I can call my girlfriend.

Every time we started talking about this moment she would excitedly take off with all her ideas on how to do it. Some were wildly crazy while others may actually work. I just wanted her to be happy, that's really all I ever want. She wanted to make an interviewer bring it up so she could kiss me in front of everyone. She also wanted to "be caught in the act" not like we've already been caught multiple times. Though I was willing to stage a scene, perhaps it could be fun. She had so many ideas running through her head that it was hard to determine what she really meant and what was completely made up as just a silly thought with no real intention to be followed through. I will definitely be leaving this choice up to her, I'll just do whatever she asks and not question a single thing. 

Right on cue my phone began to ring. I swear she knew whenever I was thinking about her because it seemed she would always call as I started to get lost in my thoughts.

"Hello my love." Her voice was as beautiful as ever.

"Hi." I smile as her face fills up the screen and I can feel myself melting from just seeing her face.

"How was filming?" She asks.

"It was ok. I was really just in the voice booth today." I shrug and collapse into the armchair of my hotel room. The room was spacious enough and I smiled as my eyes landed on the stack of books next to my bed. I should have gotten some more, I had already read all of these to Rose. Though it wasn't totally my fault, I swear she would try and stay up to make me read more than one.

"Only ok?" Scarlett asked as she stood on her tiptoes to reach a top shelf. That's when it clicked, she was still in our house in New York.

"Scar?" I ask and she looks over at me, "Did you miss your plane?"

"Nope." She grins and spins to face me. "Filming got moved to a studio here."

"Lucky." I groan and let my head fall back against the chair so I'm looking up at the ceiling.

"Mmhmm. Chris stopped by today." She says and I lift my head up just enough to peek at her. "He delivered me a rather hilarious gift from a certain someone."

"I needed a messenger." I shrug and let my head fall back again.

"Do you really think I need some kind of bug spear?" She asks and I can't help but laugh.

"Look, I love you. I love you so much. But... when you saw that little spider a few days ago you threatened to burn the entire house down." I remind her and she glares at me.