Backyard

Scarlett POV 

I didn't end up sleeping the whole day as I had initially planned. Though I did sleep in later than I thought I would. When I woke up it was nearing the afternoon and Y/N was not in bed anymore. I frowned at that, waking up next to her was the single best way to start my day. She must have been up for a while because she had taken a shower based on it being wet and slightly warm in the bathroom. I took a quick shower before getting dressed. I noticed there was a glass of water and a chocolate-filled pastry on the bedside table that I had missed before. 

I picked both of them up before heading downstairs. The door to Rose's room was still shut and I wondered why she was still asleep. Both of the guys were downstairs and Y/N was nowhere to be seen. The clock was pushed up against the wall and it was slowly ticking. Hunter was lounging on the couch with his phone as my dad was reading a book on the armchair. 

"Did you sleep well?" Hunter says as he flicks his eyes from his phone.

"Yup," I answer and he grins. 

"Must have been easy to fall asleep." He adds and I study him for a few seconds as my dad looks between us. "I mean, you were probably really tired with everything that happened." 

"What happened? Are you and Y/N good?" My dad asks. 

"They're good. Great even." Hunter says and I freeze, he knows. 

"Yeah. We went on a walk last night and made up. But we got locked out in the rain so we were both pretty cold and tired after that." I explain and my dad glares at Hunter. 

"You locked them outside?" He asks and Hunter raises his hands.

"It was funny!" He defends. 

"Not for us!" I glare at him and he sighs. Though I guess I have to appreciate he didn't tell my dad what he heard. 

"Is Y/N still sleeping?" Hunter asks. 

"No. She was up before me." I answer. 

"She's outside." My dad explains. "She asked if I needed help with anything so she's cutting firewood." 

"Already putting the new member of your family to work, huh?" Hunter whistles. 

"She offered!" My dad defends. 

"If she manages to hurt herself again..." I say and both of them laugh. "Rose is still asleep?" 

"She's also outside on the playground area I think. She wanted to be with Y/N." My dad says and I smile. "Rose is so in love with that woman." He adds. 

"Oh, I know. Sometimes I worry Rose loves her more than she loves me." I say and my dad smiles before standing up.

He pulls me into a tight hug to whisper against my ear, "I am so happy that you seem to have finally found someone to give you the life you always dreamed of. It was hard to get here and I wish it had been easier for you." 

"Thanks, dad." I kiss his cheek as he lets me go. 

"I want a hug!" Hunter jumps to his feet and turns me toward him to hug me. "I can't find a single flaw with Y/N and normally with your other partners it was easy to find the red flags." 

"Well, I'm glad you all love my girlfriend. But I'm watching you, Hunter." I glare at him as I pull away. "Hands off." 

"I'll heat up some breakfast for you. I think the plan is to go on a hike later." My dad says and I smile at him as he heads to the kitchen. 

"You're crazy, Scar," Hunter says as he sits back down on the couch. 

"How am I crazy?" I ask and he raises his eyebrows.