Videos

A/N Song for a bit later. It's Something There That Wasn't There Before from Beauty and the Beast. 

Scarlett POV 

The slamming of the door still rings in my ears as I stare out the window. What just happened? I turn around and take a deep breath before I open the door and run down the stairs. I need to talk to her before she calls anyone. 

"Y/N Y/MN Y/LN!" Erin shouts from the open door. The second I see that Y/N is walking away my heart begins to race so I sprint forward and out the door. 

"Y/N?" I call softly but when she doesn't react I try to go louder. "Y/N!" I shout and stumble over my feet as I run down the stairs. I catch myself and I start following her but she never looks back at me. Not once. 

I don't make it far before Erin's hand is on my shoulder, making me stop. "Let her go. She'll come back." She turns me around and pulls me into a quick hug but I so badly want to watch Y/N walk away. I don't want to see her go but I also want to know where she could be going. Hopefully just for a walk and then she'll be back. 

When I lift my head up a little I see Rose standing in the doorway and my heart drops at her expression. Her eyes meet mine until she slowly turns away and walks out of my line of sight. I push my way out of Erin's arms and I walk back to the house to hear Rose's bedroom door slam shut. I flinch at the sound and I can hear Y/N slamming the door all over again. How did this turn around so quickly? I went up there for us just to talk about our plans for the distance. Why did I change to wanting her to stay? 

I start sending her texts. One right after the other apologizing and telling her that she should take the job. What was I thinking? Of course, she should do it if it makes her happy. In the end that is what matters. I don't even notice the tears streaming down my face until I can't see my screen anymore. I slump forward onto the counter and rest my head in my arms as I let fear finally take over me. My entire body is shaking as I grip my phone, praying she'll respond to me. 

I'm not sure how long I stay like that. It's like everything just fell apart around me so easily. I hear something click and then laughter which makes me look up. Erin is just sitting down onto the couch as she crosses her legs and her focus is entirely on the television in front of her. It's showing a shaking camera at what seems like a Christmas gathering. There's a large tree in the background that's covered in ornaments that a much younger Y/N is sitting under with two small kids kneeling in front of her. 

"I don't know the words!" Y/N's arms raise into the air to cover her face and there is tons of laughter throughout the room. The camera pans around to show off what I assume is more of her family before it lands back on her and the kids.

"You just performed this at school!" Erin's voice comes from behind the camera. 

"That's different!" Y/N whines and I hear music fill the room. 

"Do it! Do it!" The rest of the people around her start chanting and she slowly lowers her hands to glare at everyone. 

She holds up her hand to shush everyone and clears her throat until she sings the first part of the song, 

"There's something sweet,
And almost kind.
But he was mean and he was coarse and unrefined.
But now he's dear and so unsure.
I wonder why I didn't see it there before.

"There! I did it!" She covers her face again but I catch a glimpse of how red her cheeks had gotten. I'm always amazed at her voice I don't understand how she could be embarrassed to share it. 

"We have to hear the next verse." A male's voice chimes in. 

"Just watch the school recording," Y/N says through her hands.