Home Again

Y/N POV 

I was woken up by a sudden shaking of the tent. I was still wrapped around Scarlett and the shaking didn't seem to phase her at all. I sat up slowly only to realize it was still dark out and we'd only been asleep for about three hours. I picked up the lantern and shifted a bit to listen. There was shuffling outside and my thoughts instantly went to there being some kind of animal out there. It sounded like it retreated a bit before some rustled at the other tent. My heart was hammering as I fiddled with the lantern to turn it on. 

"If this is how I die..." I mutter to myself as I slowly unzip the flap so I can peak out. I can barely make out the other tent and I see it move around again so this time my worries go to Rose. I make the gap a little bit bigger before I quickly retreat when the tent I'm inside shifts again. Something had pushed it from the back. I unzip the rest of the flap and quickly get outside before spinning and raising the lantern in the air. There's completely nothing there. I turn in a slow circle to check everything around me under there are light footsteps right behind. I turn around and the lantern crashes into someone as they fall backward onto the ground. 

"Ow!" Hunter complains as he holds the side of his face. 

"Oh my god! I'm sorry!" I kneel down next to him but keep my eyes scanning the area around us. 

"If I had known you'd attack me I wouldn't have tried to scare you." He mutters. 

"That was you?" I ask. 

"Yup. Did Scar not react at all?" He asks and I shake my head. 

"You're lucky I didn't hit you harder than that. I thought there was a bear or something." I explain and he shakes his head. 

"And you came out to beat it up with a lantern?" He asks.

"It was by your tent. I was worried about Rose." I explain and he smirks. 

"What about me and Karsten?" He asks.

"You're expendable," I smirk and help pull him to his feet. "Now are you actually ok? I feel kind of bad." 

"I'm fine. I just know not to get on your bad side." He rubs the back of his head and I laugh. 

"Good. Now get back to sleep and stop being annoying." I nudge him and he quickly walks back into the other tent. He better not have woken anyone up. 

I climb back into the tent with Scarlett and quickly turn off my lantern so the light doesn't wake her. Though now everything is impossibly dark and I have clue where anything is. I feel my way around and I think I accidentally hit the side of her face and I freeze, luckily there is no movement. I wrap myself back into the blanket and pull her against me again. Her warmth instantly makes me feel better and helps put me back to sleep pretty quickly. 

"Time to get up, my love." Scar whispers against my ear and I groan, it feels like I've only been asleep for an extra five minutes. 

"No," I complain and snuggle into her a bit more. 

"We have to get back in time to drop Rose off at school. Plus we have work." She reminds me as she shifts so I'm no longer in contact with her. 

"You're the worst," I mutter. 

"Oh, am I?" She asks with a teasing tone. She rips off my blanket and I groan again. "Up." She extends her arm and I grab it so she can help me stand up. Instead of heading for the tent flap, I wrap my arms around her and she hesitates for a second before gently running her hands along my back. "Are you alright?"

"I just wanna be close to you," I whisper against her ear as we gently sway. She leans back a little bit and I lean forward to press my lips to hers. Her hand moves up to cup my cheek and she arcs her back a little to press against me.