⊱---𝟑---⊰

Takemichi, upon realizing this stranger was in no doubt some sort of trouble, ignored his exhaustion and took cautious steps forward. Clumsily making his way over, his attention never diverted from the person in his line of vision. The sleeve on the arm that was facing him was haphazardly torn in what looked to be a desperate attempt of altering the fashion, and he wasn't sure what that initial observation meant as he didn't get a full view of this person.

He was determined to briefly check their wellbeing, however, once he approached them with only a few feet of distance vacant between the two, he began to hesitate.

'A-ah, what if it's just some homeless person or a druggie... maybe I should just...' Takemichi thought to himself, trailing off in thought because it wasn't uncommon to find homeless people in the area and drug dealers were hidden in practically every nook and cranny.

He warily scanned them, their face shrouded and body turned so that he couldn't clearly see them and wasn't able to tell from any outward appearance what exactly this person could be classified as.

Though, as Takemichi gave an even more thorough examination of the scene, just barely peeking out from underneath the person he could pick up an odd color that darkened the grass an unnatural hue.

'Is that...'

Takemichi's eyes that were once narrowed as he was scrutinizing them immediately flew open, and without hesitation, he started shouting, panic overcoming him unintentionally without holding anything back.

"HEY! ARE YOU OKAY!?"

As he said this, he immediately stumbled closer, and with no regard to cleanliness, he dropped to the ground on his knees and immediately grabbed their shoulder and rolled them onto their back.

There was no response. He had gotten no response from his shouting, in fact they continued to lay limp and didn't flinch at his voice in the slightest which made Takemichi panic further and go visibly paler.

Upon noticing the subtle movement of this person's covered chest, a heavy breath of relief fell from his lips knowing he wasn't too late. What immediately stood out to him when he looked back over for a better understanding of their situation was that their clothed stomach had drying blood crumpling the fabric, and seeping through that fabric from traveling the persons side was fresh blood that still oozed from the open wound that no doubt caused this predicament. He immediately deduced that the torn sleeve he observed earlier was used to cover the wound, now understanding that was definitely not a delinquent fashion choice like he assumed.

Immediately, Takemichi retracted his hands and fumbled around in all of his pockets to look for his flip phone to call for emergency services, though, he nearly dropped his phone and almost let out a scream when he heard mumbled words come from the person below.

"...That feeling vanished," Was all that [ Name ] had mumbled, and it was audible enough for Takemichi to hear. Looking down towards her, he could see her eyes were just barely open albeit heavily lidded as she stared upwards at the night sky. He could tell she wasn't fully there, as she didn't acknowledge his existence with him practically hovering over her, but she was very intimidating nevertheless.

Yeah, this person definitely terrified Takemichi, who he assumed was a woman by the tone of their voice though didn't look for further confirmation.

The fact she didn't wince or acknowledge the pain and instead mumbled about something he was unsure about made Takemichi think she definitely had to be drugged on something, so perhaps his original assessment was correct.

Realizing he was getting distracted and disregarding the whole point of him being here, he snapped out of his stupor before fumbling with his phone once again, the situation in itself making him nervous.

"Right! A hospital— no, an ambulance!" He exclaimed out loud as he shakily dialed the number while simultaneously attempting to communicate with them

"—Listen, I think you were shot or stabbed or something!" He explained the obvious in hopes they would respond, but would be disappointed to see that he was ignored as she continued to peer up at the night sky with a look in her eyes that he couldn't decipher.

Though hearing the ring that signified the line was dialed and waiting to be picked up, her eyes trailed over to look at Takemichi while only subtly turning her head to face him.

With heavily lidded eyes, heavy breaths, and sweat uncomfortably clinging to her clothing, she stared at the boy with concern engraved into his features. The way his eyebrows creased and his gelled hair was flattened along with him sharing his own injuries made her reassess the situation, though she quickly figured his predicament was unrelated to her own.

His lips pulled downwards to form a frown and his eyes watered with him no doubt being overwhelmed, but she made no effort to comfort him and instead put herself first as she became lost in thought again trying to understand her circumstance.

Once that chiming noise stopped, his voice rang out loudly, whether that be due to the graveness of the situation in his eyes or that was just how he normally talked.

"YES— hello! I stumbled upon this injured woman, she's been hurt really badly! I need an ambulance, she's not responding and seems very out of it and—" He rambled, to which a muffled monotone voice was quick to cut him off from the other end of the phone.

"I AM CALM!" Takemichi was quick to respond with a shout, obviously not calm in the slightest.

After a bit more back and forth between Takemichi and the emergency dispatcher which included as many details as Takemichi could tell them along with his location, he stayed on the phone by their order, though let out a shaky breath when he finalized talking with them as if they weren't there.

Noticing that the injured woman's stare had long reverted to look back at the stars and how her lips pursed in what looked to be displeasure, he lowered the phone from his ear so that he could hopefully give her some reassurance.

"Ah, just hang in there, help is coming!"

Noticing that she didn't acknowledge him in the slightest and instead continued to stare up at the stars as if she were simply stargazing, he figured she was in some type of shock, though the way her expression shifted with how her lip twitched upwards as if the whole situation was amusing to her made him falter in that assumption.

With a shake of his head thinking that was probably normal for someone that was shot and was simply in denial, (Even though he definitely wasn't smiling before he got hit by that train), he regained his thoughts upon remembering he was given instructions on what to do.

"What did that person say to do—?" Takemichi trailed off under his breath as he scrunched his face trying to remember, though once he looked at the cloth sloppily wrapped around the wound it reminded him. "—Oh! Right." He exclaimed sheepishly before realizing that she must have already covered it because she had that minimum medical knowledge beforehand.

He fixed the ripped cloth seeing as it shifted even though he was reluctant to put his hand towards the wound and gently placed his hand atop of it to apply a generous amount of pressure, knowing it would stop the blood loss because that was what the dispatcher had told him.

He kept whispering out reassurances, though it sounded like they were mostly to himself as he listened for the distant sound of blaring sirens that would hopefully arrive in time to save this unbothered woman.