⊱---𝟒𝟐---⊰

After all [ Name ]'s been through, the best explanation she had on why she was taken away from Teyvat in the first place was that a rift in time was formed, centered around her.

That day Kisaki shot at her, she had attempted to teleport, and instead, fate must have teleported that fatal bullet. That's why when the bullet rang out, she felt ghost pain lingering where she was once shot. That bullet would teleport back in time to bring her to that second world to begin with. As this world chose Takemichi to have an ability, it chose her, someone in a separate world, to have one as well. It was to be able to travel between the two worlds once they're both cleansed, and she's proven herself worthy. Slaying those demons seemed to have been the solution after all.

As [ Name ] stood tall, she looked up to the stars. They illuminated the night and glowed brilliantly down on her, twinkling like lanterns as if they were welcoming her back. She reached her hand up and smiled lightly, pretending to grab one in her hands and bring it down to her chest.

As she closed her eyes and kept the imaginary star close to her heart, she felt the wind against her face. The air here was far less polluted than the one in the other world and the natural songs of Teyvat brought her peace. She'll never take advantage of a single day of living ever again, even if she may live far longer than any human could hope to.

Each day she'll live it like it's her last, because she came scarily close to that exact fate just earlier. The long grass brushed at her ankles in greeting, the sounds of crickets singing in the distance making her open her eyes.

In front of her, standing just a few feet away, was Rex Lapis himself. He admired the peaceful expression on her face, the gentleness she was exhibiting to the world making him smile internally. His outside appearance however was still and calm, his words softly reaching her ears as his deep voice rang out.

"You shouldn't keep him waiting," he reminded.

[ Name ]'s eyes widened, looking around her as it truly started to hit her. She was home. After six long months, she's finally back in Teyvat. And in a few moments, she would finally be back with him.

"Morax, how could I ever repay you?" she asked, her heart aching in appreciation.

Shaking his head lightly, his bangs swayed as he denied her offer of payment. "Worry not. You saved countless lives, it's only fair someone did the same for you."

She bit her lip, nodding her head in appreciation. She won't ever forget this, and although he told her she had no need to repay him, she would find a way. Snapping her out of her thoughts, Rex Lapis turned and looked off into the distance from the cliff they stood on. The very one where she had first disappeared.

"Now go. You do want to see him, don't you?"

"More than anything," was her quick response.

Taking in a deep breath, her upper body suddenly folded in half as she bowed in respect. Her arms were stiffly at her side, gratitude falling off from her in waves.

"Thank you, thank you so much!"

Rex Lapis only continued to stare as the soft wind fluttered his long tied up hair and ends of his coat. His hands were folded gently behind his back as he closed his eyes, sensing she had immediately teleported away after the farewell. As for what he'll do next, he had someone to meet up with, to hand over his gnosis in exchange for her lending her power to assist him in opening back up that abyss.

——————♡——————

Quick to teleport to the inn, [ Name ] ran past a shaken-up inn owner who looked as if he had just seen a ghost. Running past the kitchen, a ladle fell to the ground loudly, clanking against the floor as the chef had dropped it in shock.