⊱---𝟐𝟎---⊰

Takemichi paced back and forth in front of the operation room, his nail pressed between his top and bottom tooth as he lost himself in his thoughts. His flattened blonde hair was pushed behind his ears and his clothes were wrinkled as a result of the rain, however he didn't bother to go home and clean up when he was so worried over his friend's wellbeing.

[ Name ] had her head pressed against the wall as she fell asleep despite insisting she wasn't tired the whole time she was there. She was even offered a room to sleep in from a familiar nurse, however she would deny the offer. This nurse would periodically come to check up on [ Name ], not being a stranger to the girl since this was the hospital she often visited.

"Takemichi!"

A yell was followed by quick-paced footsteps as a group approached the two, Takemichi's hand falling from his face and his head snapping over in their direction. He saw the group they had left behind when they went into the ambulance had just arrived, all looking terribly exhausted and anxious just as he was.

"Hina... Emma... guys..." he trailed off.

He glanced over to [ Name ], making everyone follow his line of sight, before explaining how she was tired after tonight and to just leave her alone, followed by how she was expected to heal with no repercussions. He then went on to explain Draken's well-being, which wasn't nearly as good of an outcome as the one [ Name ] had.

"Cardiac arrest...?" Emma trailed off in shock, her voice coming out meek in disbelief.

Hina shook her head back and forth. "No, this can't be real," she denied.

Emma quickly turned to Hina and grabbed onto her arm, wrapping her two around it and moving closer to her body as she sniffled.

"I'm scared, Hina!" Emma cried as it hit her that Draken was in critical condition and may not even live.

Hina soothingly rubbed the girl's back, feeling her own eyes sting in frustration. She found her attention drifting over towards [ Name ] as she continued to mindlessly console Emma, biting the inside of her cheek before she looked away.

It wouldn't be long before more footsteps would echo from down the hallway, gradually growing louder. More people were beginning to gather as news of Draken's condition spread.

"Takemitchy! How's Draken?!"

"Mitsuya! Peh-yan..." Takemichi voiced out the two's names in recognition.

Takemichi looked down, kissing his teeth as he clenched his fist at his side in frustration.

"Before we even got to the hospital, his pulse..."

Before he could finish, another person came around the corner. His footsteps were much more quiet and calm as he walked in what seemed to be no hurry, his hands shoved deep into his pockets as he looked forward with an apathetic expression.

"Mikey..." Takemichi mumbled out in shock, his heart dropping knowing just how close he is to Draken. And the thought that this event could be the start of Mikey being led astray should Draken really die, was all the more alarming.

"Where's the waiting room?" Mikey asked, looking around at the people outside of the emergency room to see they were all very familiar.

When he got no response aside from cautious and pity-filled stares, he sighed and lowered his head to stare down at the floor.

"Ken-chin...," he trailed off.

He looked up with an intensity that made everyone shiver, staring at that bright red sign that indicated that surgery was on-going within the next room.