⊱---𝟏𝟎---⊰

[ Name ] stood beside Hinata in front of her locker as she pulled out a pair of shoes before dropping them to the ground and bending down to change out of her school shoes. [ Name ] leaned her back against the locker next to Hinata's, her eyes glancing down towards the girl's wrist as memories of the prior events flooded her mind.

"Are you alright? Your wrist isn't hurt, is it?" [ Name ] asked curiously seeing as Draken had a pretty decent grip to where she had to put effort in prying his fingers off from her. Hinata stomped her foot against the ground as she fixed her show comfortably in place before sliding the white school shoes into the locker while nodding her head,

"I'm fine! Thank you, I didn't expect for anyone to stand up for me— and honestly I was really scared." She admitted while rubbing the back of her neck sheepishly and giving a small reassuring smile.

Returning that smile, [ Name ] held out her hand as she nodded her head in understanding, glad that she wasn't in any sort of pain because she wouldn't want to see Takemichi's future wife hurt. (Yes, she tends to make up scenarios in her head and she felt they were too perfect for each other as long as Takemichi's other personality doesn't ruin things.)

Taking the hand in front of her, Hinata lightly shook it as she felt her heart flutter at potentially making a new friend who was both really cool and pretty. She heard rumors about there being a new girl, but she never thought she'd meet her in this way.

"My name is [ Name ], let's be friends, Hinata."

Hinata giggled lightly as she was caught off guard that she didn't need to introduce herself, the vibe around the two warm and comfortable from already knowing they would end up being really close friends.

"You know my name already?" She asked curiously as the two released one another's hands from each other, Hinata moving to close her locker so they could walk home. After all, she had a date with Takemichi later today in which they promised to go see the fireworks together up close. She was way too excited and wanted to pick out a pretty outfit to impress him.

"Yes, you're Takemichi's girlfriend, right?"

The words caught Hinata off guard as she felt her face gradually turn red with embarrassment, blood vessels dilating as a feeling of shyness overwhelmed her. It was only this girl's first day, and she not only knew her name— but she knew about her relationship as well.

"A-ah, you're new and you already know that?" Hinata questioned while scratching her cheek lightly, wondering if she made it obvious in some way. Maybe what gave it away was her stepping in to 'save' Takemichi by assaulting someone she knew was dangerous on his behalf— something not anyone would just do for another person.

"Mhm, I shall explain our circumstances so we can better understand one another."

"Great! Actually, I wanted to ask— would you like to come over to my place, I do need some help picking out an outfit!"

——————♡——————

The firework festival was a spectacular sight, pigmented explosions dancing in the sky making everyone stare up in awe. [ Name ] was alone, sitting atop a building as she liked to do. She always did like high cliffs to feel the cool breezes and adrenaline, and these buildings were the closest thing to it. Not only that, but they also gave her a perfect view of the fireworks.

A gut-wrenching nauseous feeling of nostalgia hit her as she listened to the whistling of the rocket launching into the air before it exploded, beautiful gold colors scattering to enhance the already gorgeous features of the stars and moon.

What she imagined at that moment were dozens of lanterns lighting up the sky, flying up with embers flickering to burn people's wishes in hopes they come true. It reminded her of the one she once let out, her hands pressed against the paper as the mini hot air balloon warmed her hands, before another warmth overwhelmed the flame when two other hands placed themselves over her own.

The two pairs of hands would then push out as they watched the lantern float out of their grasp and join the dozens of other ones from the civilians, something the boy never thought he would indulge in without her convincing.

Meanwhile, Takemichi nervously reached out to grasp Hinata's hand as they stared up at the display, his fingers nervously tangling with her own— only to find out the hand didn't belong to Hinata, but her younger brother, Naoto.

His eyes widened and he expressed a baffled look since within the next moment, he found himself in the future once again, the moment he was about to experience with his girlfriend being ruined by none other than her younger brother.

This was unavoidable either way, since at some time they should have reunited in order to exchange information. Takemichi relayed how he had run into Mikey and to Naoto's disappointment— didn't kill him. They decided it would be a good idea to meet up with present day Mikey to talk with him, but in order to do that they would have to find where he is first since Naoto couldn't get ahold of that information.

Deciding to meet up with an old friend who had become a top Toman member since he may provide some information, Takemichi called him and set up a meeting. Akkun, the once small boy with red hair, had changed drastically and Takemichi could tell just by the sound of his voice. They agreed to meet up, and this would hopefully provide the two with information that may help to prevent Hinata's death.

Slipping the sleeves of their sweaters over their arms, they got ready while Naoto pat his pockets to search for his keys, quick to discover them hidden in his inside pocket. He had to make sure the door was locked since there was tons of confidential information in here along with incriminating information. If a member of the Tokyo Manji gang stumbled upon it, there would no doubt be a hefty bounty on their heads.

The two were going to head to Naoto's car but stopping just before grabbing the handle of the door, Takemichi suddenly jolted and turned around causing Naoto to stop suddenly as well, surprised at the sudden action.

"Oh! Is [ Name ] around? Maybe she could help." Takemichi mused, wondering how badass it would be if she had regained a lot of her energy in the future and may be willing to help with their investigation. She was very resourceful after all, and he had no doubt she had tons of hidden talents that may prove to be helpful.

Naoto blinked repeatedly before his eyebrows scrunched towards his nose as he shook his head back and forth.

"[ Name ]...? Sorry, I don't know who that is." He said as his finger flew up to his chin as he thought it sounded vaguely familiar but couldn't recognize it as someone he or Takemichi should know.

Takemichi tilted his head in confusion as he figured she would have stuck around and introduced herself to Naoto by now— since he did plan on telling her about the time traveling sooner or later since she kept saying he had a split personality.

"Were you never introduced to her? She's the one who lives with me and threatened Draken that one time." He elaborated, hoping that would remind Naoto of this pretty abnormal figure.

He smiled as he saw Naoto's eyes widen in recognition as he simultaneously nodded his head, looking up at Takemichi to give confirmation that the name was in fact familiar, though he doubted she'd be able to help much.

"Oh her... yeah, but wasn't she killed?"