⊱---𝟐𝟓---⊰

[ Name ]'s nose scrunched up in annoyance as she felt the inside of it sting irritatingly, quick to sit up from her slouched position on the couch. She reached over to the coffee table and pulled out one of the soft tissues from its holder before swiftly bringing it up towards her face.

A quick breath was sucked in before she sneezed into the napkin, her eyes closing shut from the action. She groaned before wiping at her nose and getting up to toss the tissue away.

Passing by, Takemichi looked into the living room and curled an eyebrow upwards as his hands remained tucked in his pockets. He heard [ Name ] curse under her breath as she slumped back down onto the couch, the show she was watching on TV on a low volume since the voices were making her head feel heated.

"You good?" Takemichi mumbled as he walked into the room, trying not to look too concerned, but the 'past' Takemichi cared for [ Name ] as well deep down.

[ Name ] flaunted her hand dismissively. "Yes yes, the neighbor's cat must be lingering."

Walking closer to her with an indecipherable expression, Takemichi lifted his hand and reached out towards her. Placing the back of his head against her forehead, he was able to easily feel the warmth of it before she swatted him away.

"[ Name ]... you're sick, dumbass," he pointed out the obvious, however [ Name ] was not tolerable to such a claim.

She scoffed. "I'm not."

A tick mark grew at his forehead as he stared down at the defiant girl.

"I've had plenty of colds before, I know how to spot one."

She sat in silence for a moment, sniffling lightly, and he maintained that silence with her as he crossed his arms over his chest. She felt a chill hit her, shivering despite it being warm in the house and having a blanket being strewn over her lap. Accompanied with the chill was a spike of dread as she began to accept the reality.

"My immune system isn't so feeble like a regular mortal's... what the hell? There's no way." She despaired, pressing her fingers against her head.

It must have been from standing in the rain. Having open wounds in that rain and fighting through so much karma may have caused her body to regress to the point it was similar to a human's due to her fatigue.

But she felt fine these past few days since then. Her body was growing weaker, and she didn't know why. Like she originally suspected, she believes this world is rejecting her. Like it was sapping out the energy that made her an adeptus to begin with.

Takemichi clicked his tongue against the roof of his mouth.

"What're you talking about now! You say the weirdest things." He shook his head back and forth before he stormed out of the room.

Thinking that would be the last she would see of him for a while, [ Name ] was surprised to see him re-enter the room with his hands filled. He avoided eye contact with her, placing a cup with a liquid in it onto the table before he squatted down in front of it. Ripping open a packet with his teeth, he poured the powdery contents into the cup before taking a spoon and stirring it.

Takemichi pushed the cup towards her.

"Drink it."

'How sweet!' A sour, happy expression morphed onto her face at bitchy-mitchi's soft side showing, nodding her head gratefully as she reached out for it without hesitation.

Takemichi stood up and angled his face towards the doorway.

"Stay here. Since you like those stupid classes, I'll take notes and give them to you when I get back."