⊱---𝟑𝟔---⊰

It was the night before the scheduled time Valhalla and Toman would fight. Kisaki stood beside [ Name ], while Takemichi and Chifuyu pretended not to care but were both internally fuming as they often sent glances towards the two. Neither of them objected to her going to him, since this was what Mikey and she would want. After all, she was appointed as his Vice-Captain in order to keep an eye on him.

As the Toman members lined up, [ Name ] and Kisaki remained in their places in the front row, where Captains and Vice-Captains normally stood. While they remained on the left side, Takemichi and Chifuyu were on the right. It was divided like that so there could be a path the leaders of Toman could walk down when they arrived— which was exactly how Mikey and Draken showed up.

Everyone bowed their heads in sync one the two blondes walked up the set of stairs until they were visible. Already used to [ Name ]'s behavior, Kisaki on her left and Smiley on her right both raised one of their hands to the back of her head and pushed it down. She complied with a light grumble, bending her body so she was equal in height to everyone else around her.

The only person she was used to routinely bowing to when in the presence of was Rex Lapis— never any human. She was an Adeptus, held in higher respect than them after all. Perhaps those were just her older ideals clouding her judgment, but she didn't complain too much seeing as she did hold respect for Mikey.

Mikey saw this once again and snorted out from his nose, quite easy to spot when everyone's heads were raised except hers. Draken, who was walking behind Mikey with his hands shoved into his pockets, glanced at her and shook his head before sighing.

The two were quick to get into their positions atop the higher stair set, and the members down below were quick to raise their heads and give the two their attention.

Mikey stepped forward; his eyes narrowed seriously as he slowly scanned the crowd to see who was present before speaking.

"We're going to clash with Valhalla tomorrow. They've brought this fight to us, we've got nothing to gain from it," Mikey said. He held no visible emotion on his face at first glance, but there was a certain hesitance behind his eyes.

He continued.

"—And Baji is with them now. We show no mercy to traitors! That's how Toman handles things!"

It was quiet, the reminder of Baji's betrayal hitting many of them hard. He had been there from the beginning, most learning a lot from him when they first joined. He was a strong and reliable member, and the fact he was just gone like that weighed heavy on their minds.

Suddenly Mikey pouted his lips as he kicked a pebble off the step he was standing on, almost everyone blinking in disbelief in sync.

"I'm gonna get real childish for a sec."

Multiple noises of confusion rang out, looking up at their leader in question at the sudden change in his demeanor.

"I can't fight my friend."

Draken smirked.

"Well, that's my answer. I need you guys to help me out! Tomorrow, we're going to crush Valhalla and bring Baji back to Toman!"

"That's how this battle's gonna go down!"

Cheers rang out loudly in total support, a chant breaking out in favor of Toman as it normally did in these meetings. Wide grins and readied expressions bounced from one person to the next, some excited for the brawl, others excited at Mikey's decision to get Baji back.

[ Name ] glanced over at Kisaki from her peripheral vision, noticing as everyone cheered, he remained with a frown and stood quiet.

"This is what I wanted," He whispered under his breath.