⊱---𝟐𝟕---⊰

[ Name ] feels like the doorman to a celebrity's house lately. Almost every day now on multiple occasions would people knock on the door. She preferred them just walking in if they weren't strangers.

Half the time they were here to see her and the other half Takemichi.

The gentle knocks couldn't have belonged to anyone in Toman or Takemichi's close school friends, so [ Name ] curiously peeked out the window of the living room before brightening up in pleasant surprise.

She quickly shuffled over towards the entrance of the house before opening the door, revealing Hina shyly fiddling with her hands behind her back as she stared down at the entrance mat.

As Hina looked up to see who answered the door, a sigh of relief fell past her lips from being greeted with the sight of [ Name ]'s smile.

"Hina, hello. I'll go get Takemichi for you," [ Name ] said as she turned her body around and was ready to raise her voice to call for him.

Hina shook her head and before [ Name ] could call for him, she grabbed her hand to stop her.

"No, I came to see you, not him," she said sheepishly.

[ Name ] froze, quick to pick up on the tone of her voice. The pitch was the slightest more mellow than her normal tone despite the smile she outwardly displayed.

Nodding her head, [ Name ] turned back around as Hina let go of her wrist.

"I see, then did you want to just spend time with me?"

Hina looked towards the neighbor's yard as she felt nervous words get caught in her throat. She gestured for [ Name ] to step out with her hand, the girl complying immediately while shutting the door behind her.

Hina picked at her nails in silence for a moment as she gathered her thoughts, her lips parting slightly as she sighed reassuringly to herself.

"You were so cool... the other night, defending Draken I mean," she trailed off.

Looking up, she made eye contact with [ Name ], a wavering expression shown.

"...I felt so useless."

Her words and tone made [ Name ]'s heart tug in pity. She shook her head back and forth, denying the self-depreciating words.

"You weren't though. You called for Takuya and the others which allowed for me to have backup in a fight I was severely outnumbered in. You brought the ambulance to our location and saved us precious time-- potentially saving Draken's life."

Hina moved her hand to grab at her opposite arm just above the elbow in comfort. She squeezed her arm as she looked down while she re-enacted the night of August 3rd in her head.

"But I could only watch as you and Takemichi were beaten so brutally. I wish I could have helped."

"That's why..."

Hina sucked in a shaky breath, her nails digging into her arm forming pale crescent indents. Her head shot up and with a newfound confidence, she stared [ Name ] dead in the eyes without wavering her eye contact.

"[ Name ], I want you to teach me how to fight."

[ Name ] hummed, a proud smirk threatening to be exposed on her face, but she maintained her aloof, stern composure to show she was taking Hina completely seriously.

"I understand how frustrated you feel. If you're sure about this, I won't be going easy on you."

Hina brightened, her whole face lighting up as she straightened her posture and leaned forward.

"[ Name ]!"

She snatched both of [ Name ]'s hands into her own, holding them gently as their soft fingers pressed against one another.

"Thank you, I can handle it, trust me!"

"And please... don't tell Takemichi. I don't want him to worry."

[ Name ] nodded her head in agreement. She knew what it felt like to feel weak or think how you could've done something different in a situation, so she'll help Hina grow in not only her physical strength, but also her confidence in herself. She was far more reliable than she gave herself credit for.

"I understand. We can start today if you're free."

"Hm!"

Before [ Name ] and Hina leave, [ Name ] tells Takemichi that she's going to the park. He had just hummed without looking at her and said to bring back chips from the store, saying that any would do, while keeping full focus on the video game he was playing.

During training, no matter how many times [ Name ] knocked Hina down, she stood right back up. No matter how rough [ Name ] was, Hina didn't complain. [ Name ] knows Hina will grow stronger with time, and even if she doesn't, she'll forever be proud of her will and effort to try.

——————♡——————

The days were flying by quickly, the night of August 3rd beginning to gloss over in everyone's minds.

Takemichi was laying down in his bed, scrolling on his phone with a bored look on his face. Hearing voices, he froze and paused the video he was watching as he concentrated to hear.

It sounded like [ Name ] and Hina. But what was Hina doing here?

He put his phone on the bed beside him and creeped towards the window. Peeling back the curtain, he peeked out and saw [ Name ] close the door behind her and Hina sheepishly rubbing the back of her neck.

Yesterday he noticed that [ Name ] was out for a while; he wondered if the two of them had been hanging out. Not that he cared about what they did in their free time, but the secretive way they were going about it was suspicious.

Usually [ Name ] always gave him a heads up when she was going out, she was just a considerate person like that. He shrugged and moved back to his bed to continue to watch videos but kept this at the back of his mind to casually ask about later.