⊱---𝟒𝟎---⊰

[ Name ] readied her weapon and sent an attack towards the incoming demon, however as its teeth bared at her, she was forced to stay defensive. Another came behind her and snapped its mouth open and shut in her direction, but she jumped up quickly making the two smash their faces into one another.

As she was in the air, the one in the ground popped back up and opened its mouth, waiting for her to come down and fall right into it. A pool of green saliva could be seen gathering at its throat and bubbling up, welcoming her to take a dive in.

However, she chose otherwise as she outstretched her hand upwards, grabbing onto the pillar before hoisting herself up. Loud growls came from below as she looked around for a possible escape. But if she escaped, would they follow her, killing innocent people along the way? And archons forbid they spread out— she wouldn't be able to stop them from finding their way to the festival and devouring the people there.

It was her job to slay these creatures, so that's what she'll do. And even if it weren't her job, her morals wouldn't allow them to live. Her limbs felt heavy and the weapon in her hands shook for a moment before she squeezed her fist, making it still to hide her physical pain.

The sharp claws of one of the demons grated against metal as it rapidly dug into the pillar and climbed up towards her.

She turned and ( drew her bow / readied her sword/spear/claymore) in preparation for its approach.

As it panted loudly and threw its claw to tear into her flesh, she used her energy to teleport behind it before rapidly piercing its ankles, relentlessly and over and over as quickly as she could.

It screeched loudly as its hind legs were cut, the tendons holding its feet and ankles together severing, making it lose its balance and fall back to the floor. She swayed slightly, a nasty cough coming out from her mouth as she raised her fist to cough into it. Blood decorated her hand as she continued to cough, her eyes watering unbearably as her chest began to hurt the more breathless she grew.

Not realizing another had made it up from its unconventional tactics, she glanced up through her eyelashes to the ceiling to see the suction on its legs allowed it to scale the walls and walk along the ceiling.

Her eyes widened as it dropped down and she quickly ducked out of its way as it snagged a flowing article of her clothing.

The fabric tore with a loud ripping noise, her descent to the ground and line of sight being met with two impatient demons, one snapping as it laid on its side on the ground while the other jumped up to try and catch her out of the air.

At some point, she was able to finish off the injured demon and stop its painful screeching from creating a migraine for her. Having no time to pray for the manifestation of the fallen god, she scanned around her rapidly looking for the other two.

There was only one demon visible to her, the other one she assumed burrowed back under the ground again. As she stood and caught her breath for a moment, her adrenaline began to dwindle at a dangerous rate.

Takemichi and Mikey had made it to the warehouse at this point, having questioned some people if they saw her. A man in a teal demon mask pointed out the direction she headed, and they ran there without stopping as they called out her name.

The two saw that the entrance was blocked off and walked around the entire building in hopes of finding another way in, hearing the fighting loud and clear from outside and knowing it must be her in there.

At one point, they found a stack of empty crates pushed against the side of the building. At the top of it, they could see the hint of a window where moonlight filtered in.