⊱---𝟒𝟑---⊰

"You said someone's calling for you?"

"...Yes. Come along, I would love to introduce you to some people."

——————♡——————

Years had passed since the day [ Name ] went back to Teyvat. As promised, she returned to Japan often to visit Takemichi and the others. But every time, it wasn't without Xiao. Xiao had practically become a member of Toman with how many times he was at their meetings, because he never once would leave her side.

That brings us to the future. Toman's the most well-known gang in Japan and Kisaki hasn't even dared to show his face since he found out [ Name ] regained her strength after she survived the trap set for her.

Hina and Takemichi stayed together after all that time too. The two fell in love, and after eight years, Takemichi wanted to make it official. He had asked her to marry him, and she agreed without hesitation.

Sitting comfortably in the padded chair that was tucked under a round table, [ Name ] smoothed down her dress as she looked at the centerpiece-- a photo of the newlywed couple. Xiao sat beside her with his arms crossed over his chest, wearing a suit and an intimidating resting expression. He wasn't close with Takemichi and Hina like [ Name ] was, but he got to know them enough where he was glad to see this day. Even if he didn't outwardly show it.

Across from the two Yaksha sat Emma and Draken, Draken kicking back lazily as he watched Takemichi get thrown around by his fellow groomsmen with a smile and Emma watching as all the girls got together for Hina's bouquet toss. She and [ Name ] were bridesmaids, but they didn't exactly need to be there since Emma was already Draken's fiancé and [ Name ] just wanted to relax at the table from the long day of hearing Takemichi happily cry and having to comfort him.

Hina was going to toss the bouquet, feigning letting it go as cheer and laughter rang out, but she suddenly stopped. She smiled as people asked if something was wrong, but instead of answering any of the questions, she walked off with the bouquet in her hand.

Takemichi quickly got away from Mikey and Baji who were teasing him, quick to follow along with Hina realizing what she was doing since they had discussed it earlier. The two walked over towards the guest tables, [ Name ] turning to see why it got so quiet to see the two coming their way.

With a grin and happy blush on her face, Hina shoved the bouquet in [ Name ]'s hands. Loud cheers and hoots rang out as [ Name ] felt her cheeks heat up in embarrassment, mumbling out a 'thanks' as she practically hid behind the bundle of flowers.

Beside her, Xiao looked around with a confused expression, not familiar with the tradition. [ Name ] only knew because she spent plenty of time in this world before him and had seen it in videos online a number of times before.

Takemichi snorted before going over to his side and whispering in his ear, explaining all he needed to know about the tradition.

Xiao swallowed nervously and looked away, not really sure how to react to that bit of information making Emma and Hina burst out laughing at his expression. His hand inched its way in front of his mouth as he hid away the heat that crawled up his face. Takemichi patted his back harshly and laughed, walking off with Hina as they went to cut the wedding cake to serve their guests.

Attention moved away from [ Name ] and Xiao after that, the two of them sitting quietly while contemplating what to do. As music droned on and couples got up to dance leaving them alone at the table, [ Name ] relaxed and decided to be the first to break the silence.

"Looks like I have to get married since I got the bouquet. Maybe Mikey—" she started to tease but was quickly cut off from speaking as Xiao shook his head.

He took her words completely seriously, crossing his arms over his chest defiantly.

"Not a chance."

In sync, the two looked over at each other. [ Name ] could feel her cheeks swell in embarrassment while Xiao's delicate, embarrassed blush was clearly visible to her.

"[ Name ], if you're getting married to anyone, It's me."

She remained frozen for a moment, her face burning and heart thumping erratically. As she thought over his words, she couldn't help but to break out into a smile as bubbly laughter fell from her lips.

"I wouldn't want it any other way."

Hearing that, Xiao smiled.

HE SMILED.

When was the last time— when Bonanus was sharing her dream with the other Yaksha?

He was always inwardly smiling when she was around. But now, he smiled freely and openly, his eyes staring with love and affection for the woman next to him. [ Name ] never thought she would see the day. The emotions that humans had were so perfectly intertwined with his own now.

She'll work hard to bring out that smile of his every day. And he'll work even harder for hers, even if he doesn't need to. Because there's no other person that he wants to make happier than her. And there's no other person than her that can have the future title of his wife.

—Yaksha, End.

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐘𝐚𝐤𝐬𝐡𝐚 - 𝐓𝐨𝐤𝐲𝐨 𝐑𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐱 𝐗𝐢𝐚𝐨!𝐬/𝐨 🎉