⊱---𝟐𝟖---⊰

"Ah, you're back. I've got lots of news," Naoto said without looking away from what was in his hands. The white paper crumpled up under his fingers, his eyes trained on the picture and words written below it.

Takemichi lazily rubbed at his eyes as he registered his surroundings. The last thing he recalled was shaking hands with a younger Naoto— meaning he could only be in one place. The future.

He looked up at the man and said his name with a smile. "Naoto!"

As he responded with a hum, Takemichi sat up before quickly swinging his legs off of the bed.

"Mhm. Look here, I've found information on [ Name ]," he said while waving one of his hands in a 'come over' motion.

Takemichi furrowed his eyebrows and tilted his head. Last time he came to the future, Naoto had no idea who [ Name ] was. He only found that she would die somehow.

"You know her?" He questioned, walking over to see what he was looking at.

Naoto made a confused face before nodding his head.

"Did I not meet her before? Hm. Perhaps when you went back last time, you did something that caused me to meet her..." he trailed off in thought.

And that's exactly what happened. Like a domino effect, Takemichi's past actions influenced Hina and [ Name ] to grow closer. By doing so, [ Name ] was able to meet Naoto when being invited over to her house.

Naoto shrugged, knowing it wasn't that big of a detail. "Anyways, I found out something that will shock you."

He placed the newspaper down on the table, one old and worn from many years ago. It was the one he had last time, one referencing [ Name ]'s death. Naoto turned around and leaned against the desk, sighing before he looked Takemichi dead in the eyes.

"Tetta Kisaki will be the reason [ Name ] dies. If you want her to live, make sure she knows to never trust him and try to keep him away from her."

What?

Takemichi stood in silence for a moment. A lump formed in his throat, preventing any words from making it past his lips. His eyes were quick to water in frustration.

Why was he terrorizing him? Taking away all those he held dear? And how was it even possible that [ Name ] could die from his hands?

——————♡——————

Takemichi returns to the past after attending Hina's funeral with the promise to fix things. With the knowledge that it will all be Kisaki's fault, he begins to take a more cautionary approach to this. He couldn't run in blind like when he learned Draken was going to die, no, he needed help. And the only person that came to mind with that thought was [ Name ].

He decided at some point later on, before shit went down, he would bring up everything he learned in the future to [ Name ]. She's strong and kind-- helping others would be something she would agree to without hesitation.

As Takemichi woke back up in his bed, he stretched with a tired groan before yawning freely. He looked around him, surprised to see he was surrounded with his school bag and its contents emptied atop of it. He grabbed the book that was on his lap and brought it towards his face, seeing sloppy hand-written notes dated with today's date. Did the past him actually put effort into taking notes? But why would he suddenly decide to start doing that-- he was all about skipping class and not paying attention to lessons.

He hummed before standing up, taking his notebook with him as he left the room. Turning to the bedroom beside his own, he walked forward and lightly knocked. The pressure of his knuckles made the open door swing open wider, Takemichi peeking in to see that no one was inside. He wanted to compare [ Name ]'s notes with his own, thinking she had been going to class, unknown to him that she had been staying at home since she was sick.