⊱---𝟑𝟖---⊰

Things settled quickly after the events of Bloody Halloween.

For Toman, another division was added. Peh-yan got his place back as the 3rd Vice-Captain, meanwhile the 6th Division was created with Takemichi as the Captain and [ Name ] as the Vice-Captain. So, she still held onto her Vice-Captain title and with much respect, all the members of Toman knowing what she's accomplished and not to underestimate her strengths.

As for Baji, he was given his place back as the 1st Division Captain. He had returned to Toman knowing this would be his next best bet at defeating Kisaki, seeing as they've all seen him for what he truly is. Kazutora, having done no wrong in this timeline, also joined up with Toman. He was getting better, fixing himself and his attitude as he rekindled friendships that he thought to have died out long ago.

[ Name ] was held in high regard from her peers and was all around a loved member in the gang, as she wouldn't hesitate to offer up her time to help others get stronger or give advice for battles.

Nothing serious has happened since that day Kisaki pulled out a gun on her. No one has seen him or Hanma since then, and nobody really cared enough to want to see him. There were still concerns of him returning with more malicious intentions, but this time they would be ready and hold their guards to a new standard.

Toman only grew as their strength became widespread knowledge, the 6th Division a good idea on Mikey's part as more people began to join. There were even some ex-Valhalla members that came along, seeing that the strength that was shown to them that Halloween impressed them enough to go under new management.

But days were relatively peaceful aside from a few smaller altercations, no serious fights breaking out where Takemichi would need to go from the past to the future to figure out how to stop or fix. Concerns still weighed heavy on his mind however, as he continued to think on what to do as the days passed.

Meanwhile, [ Name ] would go out every night hunting demons. Unfortunately for her, it's grown quiet and it's been over a month since she last encountered one.

She's convinced that they've died out— and that thought wasn't a reassuring one to her. The people around her have noticed her falling into a depressive state despite trying to stay happy and unreadable all the time.

Perhaps... it was time to move on with her life instead of desperately clinging to something that wasn't a guarantee. She could already tell her adeptus powers were fading, the world forcing her to adapt to it by stripping away any source that would bring her karma.

——————♡——————

As seasons change, celebrations rise once again. Dressed in Kimonos and prepped elegantly, people walked the streets that were closed for traffic and lined with stalls and goods.

Pink cherry blossom petals created a path forward, trees shaking rhythmically with the wind. The sound of the petals fluttering to the ground was overshadowed by the sounds of people talking, children laughing and running around while waving fans. Some wore intricately decorated wooden demon masks as they scared their friends, laughter echoing all around.

[ Name ] remained in her Yaksha uniform this time. The delicate fabric fluttered behind her, soft trails of [ Color ] from her outfit making her into just a ghost of a memory to the people who would turn around to look back at her.

She had her hands folded behind her back as she walked and observed all there was around her, a teal demon mask a man wore catching her eye for a moment. She smiled at him as he waved his hand in greeting and called out how he liked her outfit, to which she replied with a quick 'thanks'. The two walked past each other without another word as they enjoyed the festival in their own ways.

Fluffy pink clouds of cotton candy were held in people's hands, popcorn scattered on the ground as oriental doves pecked at the discarded snacks. The sun was setting with a magenta hue, dark purples and light pinks clashing with the pink trees all around creating a glowing pastel sight in the distance. The stars would soon come out, and the festival wouldn't end until the sun rose once again.

[ Name ] wasn't planning on staying that long though. She's seen all she's wanted to already, and it wasn't like she was waiting on someone. She had spent a lot of her time with Hina and Takemichi earlier on, but just like the festival on August 3rd, she left on her own accord wanting to give them time together.

"You're [ Name ], right?!"

Hearing her name called, she turned around and confusingly looked at who the owner of the voice was, not recognizing it at all. The man was bent over with his hands on his thighs, his lips parted as he breathed heavily as if he were in a rush. Sweat trickled down his face, and [ Name ] couldn't help but walk up to him in concern as she gently touched his shoulder.

"Yes, that is me. Is everything alright?" She asked, the man pressing his lips together before he swallowed down the saliva gathering in his mouth and shook his head back and forth.

He looked up at her, his eyes shaking in what looked to be fear.

"It's Takemichi-- he's badly hurt. There was something that looked like... a demon," he recalled, the way his words messily jumbled together making [ Name ]'s heart race.

He was genuinely terrified— she knew from reading everything about the aura this guy radiated off that he was truthful. That fear couldn't be masked or faulty, it was true, uncensored terror.

"Where?!" [ Name ] hurriedly asked as her eyes shook in rage.

Lifting up his hand and standing up straighter, the guy pointed off in the direction past where the street ended, and stalls stopped.

"The warehouse past the last festival booth! There was a gang fight and that thing interrupted it!" He quickly explained.

Without a word of thanks or caution, [ Name ] turned around and sprinted off in the direction he pointed. People she went past held onto their hats and held down their clothing as a hard breeze seemed to strike past the street, flower petals fluttering to the sky before slowly swaying down. Gasps and surprised 'ohs' rang out, followed by giggles as they chalked it off to the festival god's blessing.

The man swiped at his mouth as he looked where [ Name ] ran off to, the fear flashing ever worse at seeing just what she was capable of in desperation. With shaking eyes, he walked to the side of a booth and went past it so that he no longer was in the main attraction of the festival.

"I did it..." he called out to seemingly nothing, and when he saw the hint of blonde, he continued after the pause.

"...Kisaki."

Kisaki walked out from behind the Sakura tree, his hands shoved deep into his pockets. With a wicked grin and evil glint to his eye, he thanked the guy before telling him that was all he needed, the fear in his eyes subsiding from Kisaki's words.

He truly did see a demon that day; his fear was genuine. But it wasn't the demons [ Name ] was thinking of, this one took the form of a human.