⊱---𝟐𝟏---⊰

It was a quiet day in Liyue, the morning sun sprouting from the horizon in the far distance setting a fiery glow over the land of stone. Birds perched themselves atop branches as they were among the first creatures to awaken from the night of slumber, chirping happily at the blessing that the sun rose once again. Most people would still sleep in at this time, only a few hard workers getting up to work and start their days, however mornings where the beams of light would pool in through the windows and settle along their resting bodies were ones to cherish.

And so that's what many at the Wangshuu inn did. With their curtains drawn, they let the sun filter in through the windows to warm their bodies and ease them into a comfortable awakening. In a room located upon the highest floor where none were allowed to disturb, the curtains were similarly drawn.

However, the inhabitant wasn't enjoying the morning to its fullest as other residents were. He didn't find comfort in the morning sun as he shifted around restlessly with the window open.

The boy with short teal and black hair let the soft breeze hit his face, the reality of the weather hitting him and making him feel all too awake no matter how much he wanted this to all be a dream. No matter how much he wanted to deny how his skin warmed from the sun and how the breeze tickled his face and arms, this was a reality he was forced to face. One with the person he'd grown so accustomed to waking up beside no longer with him.

The past mornings he would wake up just like this— in denial. But today, he experienced another feeling. Something that could be described as hope as his intuition was churning his gut, stirring it to tell him something promising would occur today.

And so, Xiao woke up this morning antsy and in an anticipating state. He knew that despite it looking to be a boring and routinely day with a visual glance, he would be proven wrong. Sure, he still woke up with that same empty feeling in his heart, no that wouldn't change until he got closure. But he suddenly felt very much aware, like something he had been waiting for would appear at any moment.

And his gut instinct wouldn't fail him. The moment he felt that familiar sensation of an aura appearing, he knew right away he had company coming to visit him.

"There's news about [ Name ]?"

Xiao's eyes were wide as his arms dropped to his side from previously being folded across his chest, this caught off guard expression making Ganyu quirk an eyebrow upwards. She's used to his cold and composed self, and ever since [ Name ]'s disappearance, she's noticed a different part of him. And she thinks he himself isn't aware of how he's breaking at the seams to reveal this.

Ganyu nodded her head quickly, as restless as he is now ever since she had gotten wind that someone had found something regarding her well-being.

"Yes."

"Well? What is it?" He asked. He attempted to not sound too excited, but it was obvious in his tone as he felt his heart pounding against his ribs, making his head feel light and clouded.

Ganyu shook her head back and forth quickly. She had rushed to the Inn without hesitation to retrieve him so he wouldn't end up hearing the news later than anyone else, leaving no time for herself to see what was found.

"I haven't the slightest idea. Mountain Shaper wants to meet us as soon as possible. I'm assuming it's good news then." Ganyu said with a bit of enthusiasm, her lip curling upwards to show a soft smile to the boy in front of her.

Xiao couldn't help that adrenaline was shooting all throughout him. Never before in his life did his gut twist in such a good way– he knew whatever it was would be a lead to finding her. Without a second thought, he moved, going towards the entrance of the room to retrieve his outdoor shoes with confirmation on where they should be headed.