⊱---𝟏𝟖---⊰

At the same time [ Name ] found herself faced with an altercation, Takemichi was in a similar situation, but instead of demons, he was fighting humans. And just as he knew it would, it didn't end well.

Takemichi breathed heavily, staggered puffs of air falling from his parted lips as he dragged himself forward. He was slightly hunched over, the added weight slumped against his back making it harder for him to move. He bit down onto his tongue, groaning in frustration as he urged his muscles not to give out and continue to push forward to seek safety.

A large area on his back felt heated, warmed to a worrying degree as it caused his shirt to stick to his skin. The blood that was oozing out of Draken's wound rested atop him, but he had no time to worry about how gross it felt as he ignored it in favor of continuing to push forward.

His vision blurred as he staggered from foot to foot, steadily making his way down the path. The only thing fueling him to keep going at this point was adrenaline and the smoldering realization that Draken's life was in his hands.

His breathing pace began to pick up, and realizing he was beginning to panic, he tried to desperately calm himself down while his mind raced a mile a minute.

He could feel Draken's blonde braid tickle the side of his face every time he took a step forward, and that would be what kept him conscious and going at the reminder he was painfully there, short, barely noticeable breaths hitting the back of his neck.

"I swear... I swear, you're going to be okay." He reassured out loud, whether that be to himself or Draken unclear, but it encouraged him to just continue his simple task that seemed all so grueling on this cold August night.

With how hard it was raining, it was hard to see far into the distance, but he felt he was heading the right way. The rain drops beat loudly against the pavement and his footsteps became stuck to the ground as rain clung onto the soles of his shoes.

"Don't give up on me!"

Takemichi grit his teeth after he shouted that out, hoping that it would somehow reach Draken. He tugged upwards to adjust Draken's slipping position, because by no means was he light. He was also significantly taller than himself, so it made it all the more awkward and added further to the struggle of walking while being injured.

"Takemichi!" A loud but muffled voice called out.

Hearing wooden shoes click against the liquid covered pavement, small splashes being heard with every step, he looked over his shoulder and through the strands of Draken's loose blonde hair, he could see two familiar girls running in his direction.

"Hina! Emma!" He called out, a whine in his voice and a sting hitting the back of his eyes in relief.

"How's Draken?!"

The two had tears in their own eyes as they looked at the boy slumped against Takemichi's back.

"Don't worry, he's alive!" He reassured.

The two girls assisted Takemichi with lowering Draken to the ground, resting his head in Emma's lap as she stared down at him with a teary-eyed expression. She lifted her shaking hand up from her side and hovered it over Draken's head for a moment. Slowly, she gently threaded her fingers through his hair to push it out of his face, his pained expression that was revealed making her choke out a sob.

'What's taking so long?' Takemichi thought as he looked around for any signs of bright light that would enter the vicinity. It had been a while since they called for an ambulance, but because of how dark it was and the heavy rain, they were probably having trouble finding the location.

"Hina, we're supposed to wait for the ambulance here, right?" He asked as he bounced his foot up and down, anxiously looking around and silently pleading that they would hurry up.