⊱---𝟔---⊰

[ Name ] and Takemichi didn't get along at all. He had acted completely differently compared to the past two days, and though he seemed like less of an ass, he was still complicating their whole situation. At first when [ Name ] had told him the whole story-- from living in Teyvat to coming to this world and being found by him, he was in complete disbelief and labeled her as delusional.

She was just making up fantasies for the hell of it, he concluded. He couldn't understand why she would lie about all of this and would say generally hurtful things to her— which wasn't too abnormal considering just how unbelievable [ Name ]'s situation was.

What Takemichi did understand was that she had nowhere else to go. Although he didn't technically consent to her living here, she was still granted permission by what she called his "other personality". Begrudgingly, he allowed her to stay, but with the rule that she wasn't allowed to snoop around in his room anymore.

The two had considerably cooled after a long time of arguing and having proper conversation, causing them to find that the assumptions the two jumped to about each other were misinformed. With his future self getting to know her better, he found she wasn't all as insufferable as he initially believed her to be-- and vice versa.

And so, with a kindling of appreciation and friendship towards Takemichi, when [ Name ] saw he returned yet another day littered with bruises, she blew a fuse. Takemichi had never evoked much emotion out of her but knowing another human could treat him like this had made her angered to a degree where he was even frightened at her wrath and half expected her to get violent.

[ Name ] was enraged and perhaps his assessment with her getting violent was true— though not towards him of course. The way the heels of her shoes loudly clicked against the pavement in rapid succession told all the emotion Takemichi needed to know. He was jogging just behind her, amazed at her stamina because the two had been walking around looking for a plate on a house with Kiyomasa's family name for quite a while now.

She knew that was just a nickname for the gangster and learned his full name is Masataka Kiyomizu because of Takemichi ranting about him to her earlier on in the day. If he knew her patience and collected calmness was false in order to gather information from him to seek Kiyomasa out herself, he wouldn't have said a word. Now it was his fault she would dive straight into trouble and get herself hurt.

"It's not beyond my morals to kill normal human scum that have intentions equivalent to a demon." She spat, glaring at a nameplate in her trajectory, but was quick to click her tongue against the roof of her mouth and snap her attention elsewhere upon recognizing it was not who she was looking for.

His hand lurched out and grabbed the flowing extension of her outfit, giving it a harsh pull to stop her and shake his head back and forth rapidly.

"No! [ Name ], It's okay, everything's settled!"

Her response was immediate, not even looking back as she tried to shove him off from her.

"I don't believe you."

'Why is she being so overprotective!' Takemichi thought as he felt a bead of sweat roll down the side of his face.

It was for varied reasons of course. She would react similarly for an innocent stranger if the occasion would ever arise; it was just in her contract to do so. She loathed how the strong prayed on the weak and she would carry those beliefs from Teyvat to this world, and although she hated taking away lives, she always did it when the outcome of it was beneficial in ensuring others safety.

"It's true! Listen, if you go it would be a waste of time since he's not holding the fighting rings anymore!" Takemichi reassured, hoping that would get her to realize that this was all unnecessary and she didn't have to put herself in danger on his behalf. Apparently this chuunibyou has much more courage than he thought.