⊱---𝟒𝟏---⊰

Takemichi stood frozen in fear, but his voice persisted as he yelled while ignoring his lightheaded-ness that made him feel like passing out.

"Someone! Help [ Name ]! Please, don't let her die!" He shouted, his voice cracking as he tearfully watched as she mumbled with delusion, a soft expression on her face directed towards the demon.

"[ NAME ]!!" Mikey shouted as he tried to break off the metal bar with his hands— the result being bruises and blood.

Takemichi clutched at the fabric in front of his chest, guilt eating at him as he could do nothing but watch. He croaked out deformed words, hoping that his voice would reach her so that she would miraculously get up and fight back.

"[ Name ], please don't leave me!"

Takemichi closed his eyes and yelled, his voice shaking as he tried to communicate with her.

The blank slate of his mind suddenly showed an image, and his memories traveled back to that notebook, the one that brought her so much heartbreak. Eyes snapping back open, he dropped his hands and gripped the metal bars as he leaned his body against the metal of the warehouse and projected his voice into the building.

"ADEPTUS ASTRUS! Find it in you to fight! I can't lose you! You've got to live, so one day you could be reunited with Xiao!"

[ Name ] began to blink repeatedly, the heavenly image around her morphing back to reality. But it was too late, and her body wouldn't move, the air of this world refusing to let her heal or recuperate at all.

'Adeptus Astrus...'

'Adeptus Astrus.'

'Adeptus Astrus?'

That name, the one that was granted to her by the ruler of Liyue himself.

Gold glitter steadily began to form in the air, similar to the one that appears when the demons are killed. A chess piece floated, the orange hue of it as bright as the sun as a figure came out from the illusion of glitter and grabbed ahold of it in his hand.

Takemichi's eyes didn't leave [ Name ] for a moment, but out of nowhere, she vanished. The creature snapped down hard and bit its tongue, screeching loudly to the point Mikey and Takemichi winced, feeling their eardrums pulse in pain.

A few feet away from where she once laid, a tall man with long dark brown and orange hair stood. In his arms, [ Name ] rested her head against his chest as her legs folded over his arm, his other one being used to hold her back.

"..."

Wordlessly, the man crouched down and gently laid her on the ground. He looked at her with a sorrow-filled expression, the ends of his coat and tied up hair floating as he felt nothing but anger boil in his system.

"You did well"

Turning around, the man's deep glare pierced right through the demon, making it back up and re-assess its opponent. The anger that he once tamed came out in full as his eyes narrowed, looking at the creation of a fallen god he had once slayed long ago.

'My energy feels as though it is being sapped away in this world. Let's hurry this up,' he thought to himself.

Rex Lapis' spear appeared at his side; the vision strapped to his belt glowing brightly. Using his skills, he summoned a shield around himself and [ Name ], a pillar rising from the ground and striking the demon as it whined in pain.

He walked forward calmly, raising his weapon up as the creature regained its senses and lunged at him, its saliva flying around as it bared its teeth in an attempt to intimidate the man.