⊱---𝟑𝟎---⊰

Things were quick to calm down as people left the shrine, leaving behind [ Name ] and Takemichi to talk. Takemichi had calmed down significantly, his breath steadying and heart at its normal beating pace. [ Name ] stood proud with her hands crossed under her chest as she looked towards the entrance of the shrine, as if waiting for someone to come up as she gave Takemichi some space to gather his thoughts.

The cool breeze of the night fluttered her loose hair, though she let it dance in the wind as she always did. Her jewelry chimed as she turned her body at the sound of footsteps, Takemichi approaching with a contemplating look.

He sighed before sitting on the step beside her, [ Name ] choosing to remain standing as she hummed in acknowledgement.

Takemichi's face relaxed into just a frown as he gathered his thoughts.

"[ Name ]... when the hell did you meet Kisaki? He said you saved him from a demon?" He asked, his thumb rubbing his temple soothingly.

Thinking back, the day was quite clear to her. It was a day she was sure to never forget, one that changed the perspective of so many including herself.

"The night of August 3rd, right before I arrived to help you, Hina, Emma, and Draken. It was actually pretty close to where you called me from."

His eyes widened slightly, knowing Kisaki wasn't there that night by coincidence.

"That's why you were so exhausted... [ Name ]. Listen to me," He looked up at her with a stern expression. She nodded her head as she held eye contact with him. "No matter what, don't trust him. Please."

She hummed and nodded her head again, confirming she would keep his words in mind. "Does this have anything to do with your time abilities?" She questioned curiously.

"Yes. Listen, he--"

"[ Name ], Takemichi. Let's chat."

The voice behind them interrupted whatever Takemichi was about to tell her, the two looking over their shoulders to see Mikey smiling at them. After [ Name ] greeted him, he walked to the space in between the two before he sat down, sighing in relief as he stretched his limbs.

"I have a favor to ask of you two," he said while holding one arm over his chest and extending it to get out any stress before doing it with the other.

"Sure," Takemichi replied without question.

[ Name ] nods her head along, Mikey someone she also felt close to in this world. She wouldn't mind going out of her way to help him, especially after all the generosity he's shown her.

"There's a guy I've known since I was a kid. We were just neighbors, so we weren't super close or anything."

'Mikey's childhood friend, huh? They must be pretty crazy,' Takemichi thought in awe.

"He'd always pick fights with me, and I'd kick his ass every single time."

[ Name ] smiled and let out an amused noise at the fond memory he shared, reminded of some of her own friends that used to playfully fight like that.

Takemichi didn't find that memory as fond as he sweat-dropped.

"He kept picking fights with you? He must've been pretty dumb."

"Yeah," Mikey confirmed with a nod of his head.

"It's the guy who punched you earlier."

Takemichi's jaw slackened as he stared at Mikey dumbfounded, while [ Name ] hummed in thought.

"His name was Baji, wasn't it? He was quick with his actions-- it even caught me by surprise," she added. And it was true, he was pretty quick on his feet, it caught her off guard at first. Not that she was going to stop that initial hit, Takemichi did kind of deserve it.