⤷ 11| A VERY FROSTY CHRISTMAS

CHAPTER ELEVENa very frosty Christmas

CHAPTER ELEVEN
a very frosty Christmas

⋆. ────────── ꕥ ────────── .⋆

SNOW WAS SWIRLING against the icy windows once more; Christmas was approaching fast. Hagrid had already single-handedly delivered the usual twelve Christmas trees for the Great Hall; garlands of holly and tinsel had been twisted around the banisters of the stairs; everlasting candles glowed from inside the helmets of suits of armour and great bunches of mistletoe had been hung at intervals along the corridors.

June found herself packing her bags as she was readying herself to leave for the Burrow. Flicking her wand, she made her clothes fly into her bag before closing it. She reduced the size until it fitted in the palm of her hand before slipping it into the pocket of her leather jacket. Today was the first day of her vacation and she'd spent it well.

June walked out of her chambers and headed towards the Entrance Hall. She'd meet Charlie there and from there on, the two of them would walk to Hogsmeade. There they could Apparate towards the Burrow.

"June!" a voice exclaimed, and a moment later, Liam had caught up with her. He'd exchanged his regular Hufflepuff uniform for a warm jacket, some jeans and his sneakers.

"Hello, Liam, are you going home for Christmas?" June said, smiling.

"Yeah, I'm spending it with my mum and dad," Liam said, as he dragged his trunk with him. "We should do something after we get back. I haven't seen much of you these last couple of months."

"I'm sorry," June immediately apologized. "They're not giving me a lot of free time these days."

"Hey, that's okay, I totally understand," Liam said, giving her a friendly smile. "How does it feel to be an Auror?"

"Nothing much really," June said, shrugging. "Not since we're guarding Hogwarts now."

"Well, I'm glad you're here," Liam said, going with a hand through his blond curls. Once again, June was reminded that he wasn't the boy she saved from the lake all those years ago. He had grown up. "Hogwarts' the safest place where you can be at the moment. Dumbledore won't let anything happen to us."

June glanced at him. "What do your parents know about what's going on?"

Liam looked grimly. "I haven't told them what is happening but I know they know something's wrong. I think all Muggles know."

"Well, be careful, will you?" June said, rather worried. "And if there's anything at all, contact me, okay?"

"I will," Liam promised. He then smiled. "Merry Christmas June."

"Merry Christmas Liam."

"What is this we hear from Ginny about you and a young lady called—unless our information is faulty—Lavender Brown?" Fred asked Ron the next day. The lot of them were sitting in the kitchen of the Burrow.