Chapter 7: The True First Date

Gomen Nasai Min-na! I planned to write this chapter last Saturday or Sunday, but I was so tired from a week of work that I didn't end up writing. I hope you all understand, and I'm sorry again for making you all wait. Like I said in the beginning of this story, I have no plans to abruptly abandon it, I've continued to come up with ideas and plot points for future chapters, however I will always welcome any suggestions that any of you might have. This chapter is kind of a nod to that XY Episode (you know the one), however this one will actually be a date. This will also be the final chapter before the true plot starts. So I hope you all enjoy my first attempt at a date chapter (although I think I did one in A 64man100 Story, but nobody really read that story so...) and the next exciting chapter of Our Promise, Our Future!

After a day of reflection, the Ketchum household was back to its old self. Delia had woken up and started making breakfast. Serena managed to get up without waking Ash, and went to take a shower. Upon leaving, Pikachu decided to mess with Ash a little. He slowly tip toed next to Ash. He grew a menacing grin as his cheeks started to spark. After a brief charge, he shot a Thunderbolt that enveloped Ash.

"Ah!"

The shocking ended which left Ash covered in soot.

"Pika Pika" Pikachu said with a smile.

Ash looked up and saw Pikachu with that oh so familiar 'innocent' smile. Now if Ash was still a new trainer, this would annoy him, however by this point he would be surprised if Pikachu did this less than two times a week. He just sighed.

"Hey Pikachu, good morning."

Ash noticed Serena was gone, most likely to shower. In fact, it was only him and Pikachu in the room.

"Guess everyone was up except me" Ash joked.

Ash started to change into a fresh pair of clothes. To his embarrassment or luck, Serena had just finished showering and came back into the room.

"Oh! Good morning Ash, did you sleep well?"

Ash turned around to face her, but he did so without a shirt on. Serena of course, couldn't stop staring. For a 14 year old, Ash had a pretty decent build, possibly due to all the physical fitness he's done since his journey started. Serena went deep red, her mouth started to drool as she admired her boyfriend's body. 'H-He's, so HOT!'  Ash noticed Serena staring at him.

"Uh, Serena? You alright?"

This snapped Serena out of her trance. She turned her head away as her face started to produce steam.

"Y-Y-Yeah! I-I'm t-t-totally f-fine! I-I'm gonna h-help your m-mom with b-b-breakfast!!"

She ran downstairs, leaving a confused Ash behind. Eventually Ash came down and smelled the familiar scent that was his mother's cooking. He entered the kitchen and was met with his two favorite girls in the whole world. Delia smiled as she saw her son.

"Good morning honey."

"Morning Mom."

He glanced at Serena, who still had a blush on her face, however it had calmed down a little. The three humans began to eat there meal. During the meal, Delia spoke up.

"Oh, by the way you two, I saw on the morning news that there's going to be a festival held in Celedon City today."

"Celadon City?" Serena said with interest.

"What kind of festival?" Ash asked with equal interest.

"Apparently its to celebrate Erika's birthday" Delia explained.

"Who's Erika?" Serena asked, slightly nervous.   

"She's the gym leader of Celadon City. She specializes in Grass Types, and she also runs a perfume store. I challenged her to a gym battle, although I had to go through a lot just to battle her" Ash said, growing a little pink at the end.