Chapter 79: What I'm Aiming For

Hello ervrybody! I'm now here with the first chapter of the final major story arc of Our Promise, Our Future! And like I said in the previous chapter's outro A/N, this arc will be called Aim to be a Pokémon Master. I'll be honest, the official Aim to be a Pokemon Master mini series was kind of disappointing for me. All it really was was just Ash doing what he's always been doing for 25 years, and shoving Gen I down our throats with every episode. Yes the OG gang is iconic, but so are the others in their own way. Oh, and even in the end, we never learned who Ash's father was too! And Team Rocket is still active! And Serena didn't even appear once!! The only thing I thought was cool was Ash rotating around his Pokémon so they could get some last minute screen time. And I guess Movie 5 really was canon? That part kinda confused me (I think I did it better though...). *cough* anyway, getting back on track before this turns into a rant chapter, I wanted to do my own version of it, with Amourshipping included. And I want to know, when this arc is over, which version you liked more. Do not be biased, I want your honest opinion. But I'll still give it my all while writing this arc! So without further ado, let my version of Aim to be a Pokémon Master begin!!

News had spread throughout Galar of Ash's and Serena's victory in protecting Galar. Tons of people tried to enter Hammerlocke Hospital to meet them, but were thankfully shooed away by their friends. Ash and Serena saw out Ash's hospital window large crowds gathered outside.

"Y'know, I always wondered what it would feel like to be popular when I was little" Ash said.

Serena sighed. "I did too..."

"Was it just how you imagined it?" Pikachu asked.

"No..." Serena said with another sigh.

"Kinda" Ash said.

"So what now? The minute Ash gets discharged he and Serena will be swarmed by those people" Greninja said.

"We could find a back door of some kind" Delphox suggested.

"I don't think people are that stupid to not be there" Sylveon said.

"Good point" Delphox said.

"Well we're still gonna be here for a while for Ash's physical therapy, so we have time" Serena said.

"It's a good thing I've always been right handed" Ash joked.

Everyone lightly laughed at that.

"I guess us challenging Gloria and Leon will have to wait for now" Serena said.

"Seems like it" Ash said as he laid back down in his bed.

The door suddenly opened. In walked Leon and Gloria, along with Professor Magnolia, Goh and Chloe.

"Good to see you both are doing well" Professor Magnolia said.

"I'm so relieved you guys are okay" Chloe said.

"We saw your battle with Eternatus through a surveillance screen, it was so cool!" Goh said with excitement.

"Goh...Ash, is in the hospital" Chloe said with slight annoyance.

Goh's face turned red with embarrassment. He apologized.

"How's your wound?" Leon asked.

"Good, all things considered. But..." Ash said while looking at his nonexistent left arm.

"But what?" Gloria asked.

"My Z-Ring is gone..." Ash said with sadness.

Serena and the others grew sad.

"That Z-Ring...it was given to me by Tapu Koko, who entrusted me to keep it safe. But I can't anymore..."

"Not to mention my Z-Crystal" Decidueye muttered. This earned him a smack on the head by Greninja.