Chapter 24: A Different Type of Day

What up? I'm here with another chapter for you all to read! Like I previously said in the last chapter, there will be a bigger gap between Akala and Ula Ula, mainly because I want to write a smaller arc first, as well as simple chapters mixed in. I will say that the Ula Ula Island Challenge arc is currently in the brainstorming phase, however the arc I have planned after it is further in development. I won't reveal much information on that arc until a later date, however, since I'm such a nice guy, I will reveal that that particular arc will be the most ambitious part of this story, at least for now. This chapter will be pretty basic. Mainly random humor and not too much happening....until the end. Welp, this concludes the opening A/N, enjoy the chapter!

It was a cloudy morning in Alola, so it was a good chance to just lounge around. Ash was a little disappointed that he couldn't train today, as the weatherman said that rain was expected later today. The Alolan family decided to watch some tv to pass the time. They were flipping through the channels until they found a cartoon that intrigued them. One that made the guys laugh and the girls a little scared, however they let out a laugh every now and then.

"I'm surprised that there are shows about made up creatures" Serena said.

"Yeah, it really makes you wonder what people come up with" Ash said.

"I still find that pink creature really cute, even when he's afraid of the monsters" Burnet said.

"True, however that old guy treats him so badly it makes me want to punch him in that pointy chin of his" Kukui added.

Everyone nodded at that.

"And why is the place called Nowhere? Doesn't that sound kinda weird?" Ash asked.

"It kinda does. But still, the relationship between that creature and the elderly woman is so heartwarming" Serena said.

Everyone agreed. After a while they all decided to have lunch. To everyone's shock, Ash said he'd make it. So while everyone continued to watch tv while Ash, Pikachu and Greninja went into the kitchen. They peered into the refrigerator to see what they had. All that really caught their interest was the large bottle of Moomoo Milk. Ash thought for a second and made his way towards the pantry. He opened it up and scanned for what he was looking for. He eventually found it and returned to the kitchen. He told Pikachu and Greninja what he was making and the three boys got to work. About half an hour later Ash came into the living room and told them they were done.

Everyone sat down at the table and was excited to have what Ash made. Ash entered and set the pile of food down. Everyone blinked in confusion at the food placed in front of them. It was a dark round shaped object that had weird wavy lines coming out of it.

"Um, Ash? What exactly is this?" Serena asked.

"They're Pancakes" Ash said with a smile.

"Made to perfection" Greninja added.

"With all our love" Pikachu added.

Everyone sweatdropped with nervous expressions. They all grabbed one with their fork and took a bite. All of their eyes shot open, but their faces suddenly turned green. They all tried to hold it in but they eventually fell over and threw it up. The Pokemon didn't fair much better either. Delphox even ran outside into the rain to throw up. Once they were all done, they slowly got back up.

They looked to see Ash, Pikachu and Greninja on the floor in the corner facing away with a small rain cloud above them.

Burnet tried to make them feel better. "D-Don't you think it was sweet of them to make us lunch?" She asked while trying not to throw up again.