Chapter 41: Alola Crisis Arc Part I - The Battle Begins

Hello everyone! It's finally here! The beginning of probably the most important arc of this story is finally about to begin! I'm sorry I made you all wait, but writing takes time, especially if it's very important to the story. I'm sure after this arc is over, some of you might be a little upset, but I hope you'll understand why I wrote it that way. You might be a little confused why I put a song in the window. Well, to put it simply, the song ties in with one of the main themes of this arc. Welp, enough of all this, let's jump into the Alola Crisis Arc!!

Ash and Serena were sitting on the beach while admiring the blue sky.

"It's really beautiful today" Serena said.

Ash grew a sly smile. "Not as beautiful as y—"

He was silenced by Serena kissing him on the lips. Once they separated, they both chuckled.

"Honestly Ashy, do you always need to do that?" Serena said placing her hands on her hips.

"Of course, cause it's so much fun" he said with another chuckle.

Serena just sighed and shook her head. They looked out and saw Pikachu, Sylveon, Delphox and Greninja enjoying themselves. Ash laid back and closed his eyes.

"Y'know Serena, I think everything's gonna be okay as long as you're here." There was no response. "...Serena?" Ash opened his eyes and looked in horror.

Serena and the others were gone and everything around him was in flames. He turned around and saw Kukui and Burnet's house destroyed and on fire. Ash shot up.

"Serena?! Pikachu?! Greninja?! Anybody?!"

He started to run around for any signs of life. Off in the distance he could see the other islands covered in fire.

"What the hell is going on?!"

He suddenly heard noises coming from the house. He ran towards it and stopped when he saw something. He got closer to inspect it. He gasped when he finally confirmed what it was.

"Pikachu!!"

Ash picked him up but got no response.

"Pikachu! Hey, Pikachu! Wake up!!"

That's when he noticed another body near him.

"Greninja!!"

He ran over with Pikachu still in his arms. He checked Greninja's pulse, but there wasn't one.

"No...Greninja...Pikachu..."

He saw off into the distance the bodies of Delphox, Sylveon and the professors, all burned and bloody.

He heard the same noise again and took off towards it. Once he reached it, he saw a familiar red beanie laying next to a burned and blood stained arm. He moved some ruble out of the way and gasped.

"Serena!!"

Ash set Pikachu down and cradled Serena in his arms as tears started to fall down his cheeks.

"Serena! Please wake up!"

To Ash's immense relief, Serena started to move. She turned her head to look at Ash.

"Ash..." she whispered.

"I'm right here Serena! I'm gonna get you out of here!"

"I'm sorry Ash...I couldn't save us..."

"I'll save you Serena!"

Serena placed her hand on Ash's cheek.

"I...I love..."

Before she could finish, her body went limp. Her hand fell to the ground as her head slumped back, her eyes still open. Ash lifted her head up.

"S-Serena...? Hey...w-what are you doing? We have to get outta here..."