Chapter 66: Galar League - Fire Badge

Hi! I'm back! We'll now begin the third Galar gym battle! And since I'm on a little spoilers streak, I'll say that this chapter will explore Delphox's past a little bit. There will also be more evolutions happening in this chapter as well. They may seem rushed, but as I said previously, the passage of time is gonna be weird so just use that logic. Hokai, enjoy the chapter now. (Pic and song not mine (duh))

The group were traveling through Galar Mine No. 2 on their way back to Motostoke.

"Wasn't the Motostoke gym specializing in Fire types?" Serena said.

"Correct! The Motostoke gym focuses on Fire types. It's also said that a lot of challengers give up because they're unable to beat the gym leader-roto" Rotom explained with data on his screen.

"Are they really that strong?" Ash said.

"It's said that the gym leader doesn't hold back, and sometimes uses Pokemon that are stronger than they should be. Plus there's a rumor that they hand pick who they challenge-roto."

As they walked, they saw a familiar boy standing near a body of water. He turned around and scuffed.

"Well look who it is, little miss princess. You looking for a new home?" Bede said.

"Hardly. We're on our way back to Motostoke to get my third badge" Serena said with a scowl.

Bede was slightly surprised but didn't show it. Instead he chuckled. "You actually have two badges? What a joke. I bet you bought them off. Someone with no talent like you couldn't possibly win on their own."

"Keep talking like that and you won't be able to WALK on your own!" Delphox said.

Bede looked at Delphox. He didn't understand what she said though.

"So you have a Delphox hm? Hard to believe it would be with a joke like you. I bet it's not that strong then" Bebe mocked.

"You can say whatever you want to me, but don't you dare insult my partner!" Serena said angrily.

Bede let out a "hmph." He then turned around and started to walk away. "Something as weak as that thing will never leave an impact on anything."

Delphox was about to attack but stopped when she heard him say that last sentence. Her mind sent images flashing. Her as a Fenniken crying, covered in mud, being laughed at by other Fenniken, a Delphox and a Magmortar leaving her as she cried out.

Ash had to hold Greninja back, who was desperate to cut Bede's head off for insulting his girlfriend.

"I fricking hate that guy!" Serena said. She noticed Delphox frozen in place. "Delphox? Are you okay?"

This snapped Delphox out of her thoughts. "Huh? What?"

"Are you alright?" Serena asked again.

"I'm fine" she said.

Serena wasn't at all convinced, but she didn't want to pry either. She ultimately accepted the answer, but reminded herself to talk to her later.

After everyone calmed down, they continued and eventually left the mine. They eventually stopped to have lunch. At one point Dreepy had been eating something but once she bit down there was nothing there.

"What the?! Where did it go?!" She said with shook.

"What's wrong Dreepy?" Serena asked.

"I was eating something and it suddenly disappeared, even though I know there was still some left" she explained.

This confused everyone, well, almost everyone. There was a certain Water/Dark type that knew what really happened, and he didn't like it.

As they were finishing up, Ash realized something.