Chapter 47: Heroes Always Come Home

Hi, yo, whatup! I'm back with the next chapter! This will be the chapter where everyone will wake up. This chapter and the next one will be comfort focused, but after that the next story arc will start. So go and enjoy the chapter!

The next day arrived and sure enough, Ash and Serena were discharged. Ash however, was told to put his Island Challenge on hold again until further notice, which he reluctantly agreed. As they were leaving, James came by to visit them.

"Oh hey James, what brings you here?" Ash asked.

"I just wanted to see you two one more time before I leave."

"Leave? Where are you gonna go?" Serena said.

James sighed. "I've done some bad things during my time in Team Rocket, things that make me feel ashamed that I even considered doing." He looked at them with a smile. "So, I'm going on a journey of atonement. I'm going to see this world with a new perspective."

Ash and Serena smiled. James spoke again.

"I heard what you two did for me...I'm very grateful for that."

At some point during their stay at the hospital, Ash and Serena sent the court a plea to pardon James for his crimes, adding he was instrumental in protecting Alola. Of course they had personal reasons too.

"You protected Pikachu and Sylveon, and helped them get medical treatment. It was the least we could've done" Ash said.

"Thank you, both of you" James said.

"We wish you the best of luck" Serena said.

James nodded. Ash suddenly walked forward and extended his hand.

"Next time we meet, let's have a battle. Not as enemies, but as friends."

James smiled. He reached out his hand and shook Ash's.

"It's a deal."

"Wobbufett!" Wobbufett said as he appeared out of nowhere.

James started to walk away, Inkay and Gourgeist following him, the two Pokemon kissing each other as they floated away.

Ash, Serena, the professors, Jake and Grace returned to the professors' house. It was a nice and sunny day, so everyone decided to hangout on the beach.

At some point, they all decided to have a volleyball match. It ended up being Ash, Kukui and Burnet against Serena, Jake and Grace. It was a tough match, but in the end Ash and the professors won.

The Pokemon were relaxing as well. But they were still worried for their still injured teammates. Delphox and Primarina were still at the hospital keeping watch over the four unconscious Pokemon.

A little while later the sun started to set. Burnet and Kukui started on dinner while everyone else relaxed. Serena told Grace everything that had happened since they last talked.

"So you're telling me...you and Delphox can transform like Ash and Greninja?" Grace asked.

Serena nodded. "It's a long story."

"They're perfectly in sync when it happens, it's just so cool to look at" Ash said.

Grace chuckled. "Well I'll have to see it to believe it."

After some time dinner was finished and everyone dug in. The professors pulled out the bed from the living room couch for Jake and Grace to sleep on. Serena saw this and approached them.

"So...are you guys okay again?"

Jake and Grace looked at her with smiles.

"Overall yes, although I'll be taking over laundry duty from now on" Jake said.