Chapter 9: Alola, Ash and Serena!

The Pokemon appeared in a flash of light.

"Salan!"

Ash looked confused.

"What Pokemon is that?"

Ash pulled out his Pokedex, however the screen simply said 'No Data.'

'Damn, well I guess I'll just have to learn as we go' Ash thought. He waved his arm out. "Kay, Pikachu use Thunderbolt!"

Pikachu charged up his electricity and fired off a Thunderbolt straight at the mysterious Pokemon.

"Dodge and use Flame Burst!" The weirdo trainer ordered.

The Pokemon narrowly dodged the attack and shot out a bursting flame from its mouth right towards Pikachu.

"Intercept with Electro Ball!"

Pikachu fired an Electro Ball from his tail and hit the Flame Burst head on. The attacks exploded, causing a small dust cloud. This gave Ash an idea.

"Use the cover of the smoke and get in close with Quick Attack."

Pikachu nodded and powered up Quick Attack to stealthy get behind the Pokemon.

"Salandit, use Smog."

The Pokemon released another gas cloud, however, this ended up helping Pikachu, as he already had the Pokemon in his line of sight while the other Pokemon did not.

"Iron Tail!"

Pikachu swung his tail right in the side of the Pokemon, who couldn't react in time. The Pokemon flew from the cloud and crashed into a nearby tree. The weirdo trainer looked and saw his Pokemon had gone limp and had swirls in its eyes.

"N-No way!" He recalled his Pokemon and took out another ball. "Beginners luck! Let's see how you handle this one kid!" The weirdo trainer threw the ball in the air and out popped his second Pokemon.

"Rat!"

"Is that a...Raticate?" Serena said.

"Not one that I've seen" Ash said.

The weirdo trainer laughed.

"Are you stupid or something? You ain't ever heard of Alolan forms? You newbie."

"Alolan forms?" Ash said. Ash decided to let Pikachu rest.

"Pikachu return." Pikachu nodded and rushed back to Ash's side.

"Oh? You scared? You should be homeboy!"

Ash and Serena sweatdropped. What is this weirdo talking about? Ash grabbed a Pokeball from his belt.

"Scared? I'm not so sure about that....but you should be" Ash said with a smirk. This confused the weirdo trainer. "Cause this guy is gonna make you regret messing with me and Serena. Infernape! I choose you!"

Ash threw the ball in the air and in a flash Infernape appeared, letting out a battle cry. The weirdo trainer started to get nervous.

"U-Use Crunch!"

The Raticate lunged towards Infernape with its mouth open ready to bite. Infernape however was way faster.

"Mach Punch" Ash said calmly.

Infernape swung its fist at the Raticate with lightning speed. It connected and sent the Raticate flying back. When all was said and done, Raticate appeared with swirls in his eyes. The weirdo trainer looked back at Ash, who had his arms folded.

"Anything else?"

The weird trainer recalled his Pokemon and ran off scared. Ash high-fived Infernape and recalled him. It wasn't until then that he realized people were cheering.