Chapter 26: Revelations

Hello all! I'm back again!.....Ok let's begin!

It was dark outside, the clear night sky was glowing with all the stars out. Ash and Serena were currently sitting in front of a fire pit on the beach, a table with items to make s'mores close by. The two were joined by the Alolan gang, who had invited them, and the two professors, who tagged along. They were currently chatting away with pretty much whatever came to mind.

"And in one quick motion, Turtonator blew her Probapass away" Kiawe said, explaining how he defeated Olivia.

"It was really something" Mallow said.

"Man...I really wish I had been there..." Sophocles said.

"Me too..." Lana said.

"Hey cheer up guys, there's always next time right?" Lillie said, trying to make them feel better.

"Lillie's right, Kiawe and I aren't finished yet, so you'll get more chances" Ash said.

'We're still gonna win' Greninja said bluntly.

Ash turned to him and nodded.

'No doubt about that buddy.'

Ash turned to Serena, who was currently eating a s'more.

"Hey Serena."

Serena turned her head, revealing some chocolate and cracker remnants around her mouth.

"What's up Ashh?" She asked with the food still in here mouth. Ash had to hold back his laughter of seeing his girlfriend like this.

Ash held up a drink. "You want it?" He asked.

Serena smiled. She swallowed her s'more and wiped her face of any remnants and accepted the drink.

"Thanks Ashy" she said.

Ash blushed as he lightly chuckled. The Alolan group watched the couple with mixed reactions. The girls of course, found it cute and heartwarming, but the boys were slightly annoyed and a tiny bit jealous.

"I still can't believe Ash has a girlfriend like her" Sophocles said with a slight pout.

Kiawe folded his arms. "You're telling me. But as much as I dislike him, I must admit my respect for him as well." Kiawe suddenly got up. "Ash!" Everyone looked at him with surprise.

Ash got up and faced him. "Yeah?"

The two stared each other down again. Greninja secretly got ready to attack in case Kiawe tried something. After a brief silence, Kiawe spoke.

"I must admit, I'm impressed with how far you've made it in the Island Challenge despite not being from Alola. However, I will still win and prove that I'm the strongest. Starting right now, we're officially Rivals."

Ash was taken aback by his proclamation, as was everyone else. Ash however, grew a smirk.

"Well then, I'll just have to make sure I win all the trials, and face you again to decide if that's true."

Kiawe smirked. The others watched the exchange with amazement.

"It's a fated battle between rivals" Lana declared.

"Yeah" Mallow said.

Sophocles turned to Mallow.

"Hey I want Kiawe to win too, I know you like him but I'm not counting Ash out yet."

Mallow blushed hard.

"I-I do not!"

Everyone turned to Mallow with confusion.