Chapter 28: Serena & Delphox

Hello everyone! I'm so excited to write this chapter, as it's one of the ones I've been the most anxious to write. The main focus of this chapter will be taking inspiration from a certain episode from XY&Z, which you might know. I've decided to write one more chapter after this one before the next major arc happens. I'll end this opening A/N with this: "Let's get much much stronger!"

Serena opened her eyes, only to see nothing but blackness. She looked around in confusion and for any signs of life.

"Hello? Is anyone here?"

Suddenly she heard a weird sound, followed by wavy red lines flying by her. She turned to see the red lines being absorbed into a figure. Serena got closer to try to make it out. As more red lines got absorbed, the figure started to light up. Serena slowly began to make out the figure. Her eyes widened.

"....Delphox?"

The figure reached its hand out, Serena doing the same. When the tips of their fingers made contact, flashes erupted, images of a slightly different Delphox and a red x shaped object, followed by Delphox fire slashing with her stick. Serena let out a gasp as she shot her head up while breathing heavily. She looked around again, only to see she was in the loft where her and Ash sleep. It was still dark outside, but Serena guessed sunrise was going to be soon. She sighed.

'Just a dream...'

She slowly laid back down, getting closer to Ash, who was still sleeping. Within minutes Serena fell back asleep. A few hours later Serena woke up again, this time the sun was up and slowly rising higher in the sky. She started to move but quickly realized she was being held by a still sleeping Ash. Serena giggled at this. She gave him a kiss on the lips, which caused Ash to open his eyes.

"Morning Ashy~" Serena said affectionately.

"G-Good Morning Serena" Ash said with a light blush.

Serena giggled again. That nickname always makes Ash blush, which Serena finds cute. The two got out of bed and got ready for the day. The two joined Kukui and Burnet at the table for breakfast. Surprisingly, Kukui made breakfast this time, which consisted of Kalosian Toast (Pokemon version of French Toast) with Maple Sirup with a side of mini Malasada's. Ash and Serena grew excited at the food in front of them. Everyone dug in and ate till they were all full.

"That was delicious Professor Kukui" Ash said. Serena just nodded as she still had food in her mouth.

Kukui rubbed the back of his head. "Thank you Ash, Burnet taught me everything she knows."

Ash turned to Burnet. "Professor Burnet, could you possibly teach me how to cook too?"

Burnet was surprised to be asked that, but didn't hesitate to answer. "Of course Ash, I'd love to."

After breakfast was over, the family headed outside to enjoy some sun. Passimian was sparring with Dartrix while Lycanroc was sparring with Silvally. Ash gave each a command.

"Passimian use Rock Tomb! Dartrix use Razor Leaf!" He turned to the next group. "Lycanroc use Accelerock! Silvally use Air Slash!" The Pokémon fired off their attacks at their partners.

Kukui and Burnet watched Ash train with smiles on their faces. Greninja had taken his spot on the hammock and listened to his music. Pikachu and Sylveon were off to the side, in the midst of a practice battle. Pikachu jumped into the air, Sylveon charging a Moonblast. She fired it but Pikachu smacked it away with his tail. Using his new momentum, he redirected his Iron Tail towards Sylveon, who used her feelers to block his attack. She used her feelers to push him away towards the house. Pikachu recovered and used the house as a springboard to power up his Quick Attack. He made a beeline towards Sylveon, who wasn't fast enough to dodge in time. In desperation, she powered up another Moonblast and launched it towards him. Pikachu responded with a spin dash and dodged the attack, and hit Sylveon with his Quick Attack. The two decided to stop.