Chapter 37: Island Challenge - Ula Ula Island Part II

What up! It seems being on vacation gives me the strength to bust out more chapters. When I was planning the Ula Ula Island Challenge arc, I was under the impression that there were 3 trials and then the grand trial. However, being the forgetful idiot that I am, I eventually remembered there are only 2, and one of them is the Electric type trial, which Ash already has the Z-Crystal from it. So I basically re-planned a portion of the arc. I also wanted Serena to play a larger part in this arc, so half of it will focus more on her. Well that's enough for now, enjoy the chapter.

The morning Sun rose over Alola, signifying a brand new day for everyone. Ash and Serena got up and took turns showering. While in the shower, Ash couldn't stop thinking about yesterday.

'Why was I so afraid? I knew it was all a trick, but why did it feel so real? And why was I scared and not angry like I've always been?' He sighed. 'I guess Mimikyu's can really scare the hell out of you.'

After finishing and getting dressed, he made his way towards the kitchen area of the Pokemon Center. He saw a long line of food items and equipment to make Waffles. He looked around and didn't spot Serena. So he went to work to get both of them food.

A few minutes later Serena came into the kitchen with Delphox and Sylveon next to her. She saw Ash setting a couple plates on the table. He turned and smiled.

"Hey Serena! I just finished breakfast, I hope you're hungry."

Ash stepped away and Serena saw a plate of Waffles with blueberries in them, a couple bananas and chocolate chip muffins and two glasses of apple juice.

"Oh wow..." Serena muttered as drool started to form on her mouth.

Delphox nudged her, snapping Serena out of her trance. She walked over to the table and sat down with Ash. The Pokemon gathered together and ate breakfast. Ash's team were currently chatting with Mimikyu, wanting to know more about their new teammate.

"I just can't get over it, you're so cute!" Passimian said.

Mimikyu tapped her claws together. "Th-Thank you v-very much. Y-You're cute too" she said shyly.

Passimian smiled widely and blushed. Pikachu was smiling, Silvally looking intrigued.

"You know Pikachu, she does resemble you a little" Silvally said.

Pikachu nodded. "That's true, I wonder why."

"Maybe because it needs to hide its scary self from others and chooses to look like Pikachu because they're so popular" Greninja said.

"Me? Popular?" Pikachu said.

"I can see you having tons of merchandise on you" Lycanroc said.

Pikachu sweatdropped.

"If so, I would like mine to be green" Silvally blurted out.

"Why would you want a green Pikachu?" Greninja asked.

"It just sounds interesting to me" Silvally said.

"Can you imagine if there was actually a person who had a green Pikachu?" Lycanroc said.

"More likely than someone having a pink Gardevoir" Greninja said.

"Or a brown Lucario" Pikachu said.

"Or a white Tyranitar" Lycanroc said.

"And definitely not a purple Flygon" Greninja said.

Everyone laughed, confusing the others.

Some of Serena's Pokemon joined the group with Mimikyu.

"Hello, what's your name?" Sylveon asked with a smile.