Chapter 69: Galar League - Ice Badge

Hello everyone! We've made it to Badge number six now! I've been looking forward to writing this one a lot, as there's a scene that I've been excited to write. No spoilers though. I don't want to keep writing essentially two chapters into one like I have been for the last few, but I don't want to rush things either. I had planned to have an opening scene and then the gym battle, which I've kept up. I'm rambling so go enjoy the chapter.

The group flew into Hammerlocke on Latias. Once they landed, Ash thanked her and recalled her.

"This place feels like an upgrade of Motostoke" Ash said.

"It definitely seems to have more to offer" Serena said.

"You want to check it out before we head out Serena?" Ash asked.

Serena turned to him and smiled. "Sure! We can even call it a d-date" she said with a blush at the end.

Ash blushed too. "O-Ok then."

"I'll never get tired of seeing them so shy" Delphox said with a giggle.

"It does hold some entertainment value" Greninja said.

"They're not as shy as you, right darling?" Sylveon said as she rubbed against Pikachu.

"I-I'm not shy" Pikachu said with a blush.

"Whatever you say my love." She then whispered into his ear. "Let's find out tonight then~"

Pikachu turned red as a tomato. Sylveon then kissed him, making him fall backwards and replacing his eyes with swirls. Sylveon just giggled at his reaction. Greninja and Delphox looked at each other with confusion.

They spent the next couple hours exploring the city, taking in the sights, taking pictures and getting a bite to eat. At one point they stopped by a store and Ash saw something that he wanted to get. After buying it, he let out Cinderace. He held up the box.

"Here you go Cinderace, I got this for you, I hope you like it" he said with a smile.

Cinderace accepted it. She opened it up and gasped at seeing it.

"Th-This is..." was all she said.

It was a zip up jacket that had a Scorbunny color pattern. It also had Scorbunny ears on the hood part.

"It's also fire proof, so you don't have to worry about it getting burned or anything" Ash said.

Cinderace put it on. It felt cozy and fit her perfectly. She did a couple poses.

She then pulled Ash into a hug. "Thank you Ash...I'll cherish it."

Ash returned her hug with his own. Eventually they all left Hammerlocke and headed towards Circhester. They soon made it to Route 7. Rotom saw some Pokémon to take pictures of and Ash was making Serena laugh with a funny memory of his. Delphox walked up next to Greninja. She looked at his side where the slashes he received from Gardevoir were.

"It seems those slashes healed up nicely" she said.

"Yeah. And it didn't leave any permanent scars, not that I don't have enough covering my body already" he said. He placed a webbed hand over his stomach area. "I still think I look a little disgusting."

"Disgusting? Why would you think that?" Delphox asked with a little surprise.

"Why? Delphox look at me. I have scars everywhere. My arms, my legs, my sides, not to mention the big one across my chest. I should cont myself lucky that the scar on my head missed my eyes" he said, pointing to all his noticeable scars.