Chapter 10: Getting Schooled

Ash and Greninja glared at their opponents as the entire group, minus Serena and Delphox, watched in utter shock.

"Wha...What is going on?" Kiawe said.

"What in the world is that?" Mallow said.

"Is it some kind of new form?" Sophocles said.

"Not one that I've seen" Lillie said.

The group started to hear a weird noise. They looked over and saw Lana with stars in her eyes, her mouth open and making what could only be described as pure gibberish. The Alolan group sweatdropped at seeing her like this. They refocused on the battle.

Ash and Greninja moved in perfect sync as they both reached behind their backs.

"Water Shuriken" Ash said as he and Greninja threw their arms out, Greninja also throwing the shuriken. It connected with Turtonator and blew it back. It landed on its back. Before it could get back up, a shadow started to cover its body. It looked up to see a figure falling towards it with the leg stretched out.

"Aerial Ace!" Ash said as he stretched out his leg.

Greninja came crashing down, but before he hit the ground, he delivered a kick to Turtonator's stomach. Turtonator cried out in pain. Greninja managed to jump back into the air. He and Ash grabbed a newly spawned Water Shuriken on Greninja's back and stretched their arms backwards.

"Finish with Water Shuriken."

The two threw their arms forward with full force, causing the Water Shuriken to fall like a meteor and hit Turtonator hard. After a small explosion cleared, Turtonator was laying motionless and had swirls in its eyes. Greninja landed right next to Ash and crossed his arms as he reverted back to normal.

"T-Turtonator is unable to battle! The winners are Ash and Greninja!" Samson declared, still trying to get over the shock he had just witnessed.

The Alolan group was speechless. They had never seen someone lose so quickly, let alone Kiawe. Serena and Delphox on the other hand were smiling. The got up and made their way towards their respective boyfriends.

"Nice job Greninja."

"Gren."

The two bumped fists as Serena and Delphox finally made it to them.

"That was so cool Ash! You and Greninja were amazing" Serena said with delight. Delphox kissed Greninja on the side of his head after congratulating him, which of course made him blush.

Kiawe recalled Turtonator. 'I lost? How could I lose so easily? What's with this kid?' He walked up to Ash. Ash noticed him approaching and made his way to him. Once the two were close enough, Ash held out his hand.

"Thanks for the battle, it was great."

Kiawe moved his hand forward, but just when he was about to shake Ash's hand, he moved his forward and grabbed the collar of Ash's shirt. He pulled him in closer.

"What the hell was that?! How did your Greninja do that?! Are you some kind of cheater or something?!"

Everyone was caught off guard by Kiawe's move. Sure Kiawe was somewhat of a sore loser when he lost, but the Alolan group thought it was only limited to board games.

"Kiawe! What are you doing?!" Mallow yelled.

"This kid cheated somehow! No Greninja should do what that one just did!" Kiawe yelled.

Pikachu and Greninja were about to attack Kiawe, but before they could, Kiawe felt a hand grip his arm. He looked over and saw Serena, who had a look of pure anger on her face.