Chapter 75: Galar League Victory! Serena's Ultimate Match!!

Hello fantabulous readers! I'm here with the final chapter of the Galar League Tournament arc! It's been so much fun writing this arc, and I hope you all have had fun reading it. But you know what they say, all good things must come to an end, at least for this arc. And for those who get the meaning behind the chapter title, it might turn out like the canon Kalos League or it might not, you'll just have to read to find out. Anyway, enjoy da chapter!

"Fire Punch!" Serena said.

Gardevoir ignited both her fists in fire and ran forward.

"Darkest Lariat!" Marnie said.

Grimmsnarl started to spin like a tornado. Gardevoir used both her fists to stop it.

"Use Power Whip!" Marnie said.

Grimmsnarl used one of its arms to form a whip, following it up by striking Gardevoir. She quickly recovered.

"Use Moonblast!" Serena said.

"Dodge and use Darkest Lariat!" Marnie said.

Gardevoir fired her attack, Grimmsnarl barely avoiding it. It then spun like a tornado again.

"Use Expanding Force!" Serena said.

Marnie narrowed her eyes. The attack hit, but it didn't do anything. Grimmsnarl kept going until it crashed into Gardevoir.

"Why didn't Gardevoir's attack do anything?" Chloe said.

"Because Psychic type attacks have no effect on Dark Types" Goh answered.

'Crap! How could I forget??' Serena internally yelled.

Gardevoir slowly got back up. Grimmsnarl ran forward.

"Dazzling Gleam!" Marnie said.

Grimmsnarl enveloped itself in light and crashed into Gardevoir. Gardevoir hit the ground and didn't get back up.

"Gardevoir is unable to battle, Grimmsnarl wins!" The referee declared.

"And Gardevoir is down! What will Serena do next?" The announcer said.

Lucario was said to see her lose, but was proud of how hard she had fought.

Serena returned Gardevoir and thanked her. She faced forward again and gritted her teeth.

'I messed up with that last attack, I can't afford to make a mistake like that again or I'll lose!'

She pulled out her next ball. "Inteleon, I choose you!"

In a flash, Inteleon appeared. He gritted his teeth from the pain he received in his battle with Morpeko. He tried his best to fight it off.

"Use Darkest Lariat!" Marnie said.

Grimmsnarl spun into a tornado again.

"Snipe Shot!" Serena said.

Inteleon pointed his finger and shot his attack. It hit and Grimmsnarl was momentarily stunned.

"Use Air Slash!" Serena said.

Inteleon ran forward and slashed at Grimmsnarl a few times.

"Use Power Whip!" Marnie said.

"Double Team!" Serena countered.

Inteleon created copies of himself, immediately being destroyed by Grimmsnarl's Whip arm. The real one wasn't there however. Grimmsnarl suddenly felt a pain in its side. It turned to see Inteleon pointing his finger at it.

"Use Focus Blast!" Marnie said.

"Use Water Pulse!" Serena said.

The two formed orbs in the hands. They charged forward and collided. They didn't cancel out, however as they tried to push the other, Inteleon felt another sharp pain overtake him, causing him to grunt in pain and allowing Grimmsnarl to overpower him. After a small smoke cloud, it showed Inteleon laying on the ground motionless.