Chapter 8: Our Journey Starts Today!

SUMIMASEN SUMIMASEN! I'm so sorry I haven't updated! Its been a combination of work, getting some sleep, playing Halo Infinite and Pokemon, planning chapters and other half-assed excuses. But I finally have the gears rolling enough to bust out another chapter. This chapter will officially kick off the bigger plot I have in mind. So sit back in bed, put on your reading glasses, grab a soda, and enjoy the next chapter of Our Promise, Our Future!

"Ash! We're gonna be late for our flight!"

"I'm coming Serena!"

Ash had just come out of the shower and was speeding to get dressed. Today was the day that he and Serena were going to the Alola Region. The paid trip was meant to be just for the weekend, but once Diantha caught wind of their trip, she pitched in and upgraded it to a full week. Once Ash finished getting dressed, he made his way downstairs. He was met with a slightly impatient Serena, Pikachu was perched on her shoulder. Greninja was leaning against the wall next to the front door, Delphox swung a bag around her shoulder as she joined her boyfriend. Sylveon was packing something into Serena's bag. Pancham was already inside his Poke Ball.

"I'm ready Serena" Ash said. He finally noticed the outfit she chose to wear.

Serena was wearing a light colored shirt that tied up into a knot at the front, a black tanktop with large straps underneath her shirt, green short shorts, black and red shoes and a red beanie with a rectangular Poke Ball design on it (female outfit from SM but with a black tanktop underneath). She had fastened the blue ribbon onto the front of her shirt. Ash blushed a little. Serena noticed his staring and blushed.

"Do...do you like it?"

Ash came back to reality and answered her. "Like it? I love it!" He flashed his toothy grin as he said that.

Serena giggled. She took a minute to admire his choice of clothing. He was wearing a black and blue stripped shirt, black capris with red stripes at the bottom, red and white shoes, a red hat with a Poke Ball design similar to Serena's and black fingerless gloves with blue velcro. Ash noticed she was staring now.

"I take it you like it?" Ash teased.

Serena blushed and quickly answered him with a yes. Delia decided to cut in.

"Alright you two, you can stare at each other later, but you've got a flight to catch remember?"

Ash and Serena blushed again and put their backpacks on.

"You sure you don't want to come with us mom?" Ash asked.

Delia shook her head. "That's alright dear, I'd just be getting in the way of you two. But make sure to call me when you get there."

"I will" Ash said with a thumbs up. Pikachu leaped onto Ash's shoulder and mimicked him.

"Bye Delia, thank you so much for the hospitality" Serena said while slightly bowing.

"You're very welcome Serena, I'm very happy my Ash has you as his girlfriend."

Serena blushed at her response. She and Ash slowly made their way out the front door, their Pokemon already a little ahead of them. Ash and Serena waved goodbye as Delia did the same, however, while they were still in earshot, Delia shouted something the two weren't expecting.

"Have fun kids! But not too much fun, I don't want to be a grandmother yet!"

Ash and Serena stopped dead in their tracks. Serena was blushing hard, Ash was just as red, but he could still function. He turned his head to face his mother's.

"M-MOM!!!"

Delia just laughed at her son's embarrassed face. Eventually the two regained their composure and started walking again.