Chapter 76: The Darkest Day Arc Part I - Emergence

Hello all! At long last I'm finally back with the next major story arc of this book. What's noteworthy about this arc is it's the penultimate arc of Galar! That's right, Galar is nearing its end! But it's not done yet. Based on what I've got planned for this arc, it'll actually be a little different than how The Darkest Day played out in the games. So with that in mind, enjoy the first chapter of The Darkest Day Arc! (Song ain't mine but fits well here doesn't it)

The whole crowd murmured in confusion. They had no idea what was going on. In Alola, Lusamine and Wicke were shocked to see Faba alive. Kukui and Burnet were equally as shocked.

"Why are you bringing about The Darkest Day Chairman Rose? What calamity is supposed to happen?" Leon asked.

"Faba has told me that a time distortion is beginning to grow stronger, and in order to prevent it, we must use the power of Dynamax to contain it, thus The Darkest Day event must be repeated" Rose explained.

"Time is being distorted?" Ash said.

"How can that be?" Serena said.

"Pokemon from the past have been showing up in our time through flashes of light. We've been able to contain most of them, but it's only a matter of time before Pokemon from the future make their way here as well" Rose explained.

Everyone was shocked by this. Faba looked at Ash and Serena.

"As for you two, I hope you've been enjoying your time here in Galar, not caring that you're responsible for what you did to me" he said with a scowl.

"What we did to you?" Ash said.

"Isn't it obvious?! You made me lose my entire arm!" He yelled as he pointed to his missing arm.

Everyone else gasped at this claim.

"As some of you are aware, Alola was recently attacked by a dangerous group, and I tried my best to stop them as an innocent citizen. But your so called 'Heroes' stopped me and destroyed my arm in the process" Faba explained.

Everyone gasped again at this new claim. Gloria and Leon looked at Serena and Ash respectively. The two didn't look at them.

"Serena? Is that true?" Gloria asked.

"Ash?" Leon said.

Ash and Serena were silent at first, as were their Pokemon.

"So you don't deny it do you? After all you have no evidence that you're innocent" Faba said with a grin.

"So where's yours?" Ash suddenly said.

Faba's grin immediately faded. "What?"

"You say we did that to you. You say you tried to stop Team Rainbow Rocket but we stopped you. Do YOU have any proof that that's true?" Ash said.

Faba was now the one who didn't say anything.

"In case YOU'RE unaware, Team Rainbow Rocket tried to decimate all of Alola with energy beams" Serena said.

"Of course I knew that" Faba countered.

"How did you?" Serena said with a smirk.

"Because I—" Faba's eyes suddenly widened.

"The specifics of what the attacks were was mostly kept from the public, so how could you possibly know the specifics if you were just an ordinary citizen?" Ash asked.

Faba tried to think of something to say.

"And we do have proof that we were the ones who stopped them!" Serena said.

Ash and Serena wiped their right and left arms respectively, a special cream coming off it. Their large burn scars were soon revealed. Everyone gasped in horror.