Chapter 32: Icy Rescue Arc Part III - The Power of Bonds

Part III! Let's go!

Things weren't looking good. Most of Ash and Serena's Pokemon were getting tired, Vulpix was gone as was Faba, the professors weren't here, and multiple Team Skull members were still present. Despite all of that, Ash and Serena refused to give up.

'Dammit! There's got to be something we can do!' Serena said internally. She looked at Delphox. 'But...we haven't fully mastered it yet...what if we mess it up? What if we suddenly pass out and leave Ash and the others alone? What if—'

'Serena!' Delphox yelled, cutting her off.

Serena gasped at Delphox's sudden internal shout. Delphox had a serious look on her face.

'I know you're nervous but it's the only option we have left! We have to at least try!'

Serena was still uncertain. Meanwhile Ash was having a similar conversation with Greninja.

'Greninja, let's use our full on these idiots!'

'I'm all for it, but what about Serena and Delphox?'

'We'll protect them.'

'You don't think they'll be able to use their own power?'

'It's not that, I just don't want Serena to get hurt, I'll never be able to forgive myself if that happens...'

'Ash...'

There was a brief pause for all of them. They all closed their eyes. They all shot open at once.

'But even so...' Ash began.

'Despite the danger...' Greninja continued.

'We'll fight on...' Serena continued.

'And give it everything we've got!' Delphox finished.

Guzma scoffed.

"Are you gonna surrender now? Just give up! We can you even do!"

Ash and Serena grabbed each other's hand, Greninja and Delphox doing the same. They closed their eyes.

*Play You Say Run*

Aura began to rise from the four, slowly engulfing them. Everyone looked in shock. The Aura began to grow stronger. They all shot their eyes open again.

"We're going to get stronger!" Ash began as he and Serena threw their hands up and formed fists, Greninja and Delphox copying.

"Much, MUCH stronger!" Serena finished as she and Ash jerked their heads forward.

All of them let out a battle cry as a water veil and fire veil enveloped Greninja and Delphox respectively.

Everyone gasped at the sight. The professors, Lusamine and Wicke finally arrived at the garden, but stopped when they saw what was happening.

"What is that?!" Lusamine asked in shock.

"It's their special power" Kukui answered.

Burnet watched in awe and worry. Wicke was just as shocked.

Ash and Serena thrusted their elbows backwards, Greninja and Delphox copying them. By them doing so, the veils broke apart and began to be absorbed into their backs. They puffed their chests out as they pulled their arms back, then bent downwards as a Water Shuriken formed on Greninja's back and a Fire Shuriken formed on Delphox's back. They both straightened up as the Shurikens finished forming. They all faced their opponents.

"Let's do this!" Ash and Serena shouted in unison.

Greninja and Delphox ran forward at high speeds. Greninja punched and kicked using Aerial Ace, while Delphox used Power-Up Punch. They continued to run towards their opponents. A group of them formed ahead. The grunts looked confident.