Chapter 59: An Alolan Goodbye

Hello everybody! I've returned yet again with another chapter for you all to enjoy. This will be the final Alola focused chapter, as the next one will be the transition one. And just, wow. Alola is just about over, hard to believe. Let's get this started before the waterworks start. Enjoy the chapter!

"Sylveon, use Moonblast! Kartana, use Leaf Blade!"

Sylveon launched her attack at Kartana, who sliced it in half and flew in closer.

"Get away with Quick Attack!"

Sylveon ran off at high speed. Kartana was in hot pursuit of her.

"Kartana use Air Slash! Sylveon, dodge them using your mobility!"

Kartana fired off blades of wind, Sylveon jumping and spinning and using her feelers to dodge them.

"Kartana Flash Canon!"

Kartana unleashed a beam of steel from his mouth. Sylveon responded by performing a spin dash and escaping the attack.

"Alright that's enough you two, take a break" Serena said with a smile.

Sylveon and Kartana nodded. They went off to chat with Ash's Pokémon. Serena turned to Ninetails and Primarina.

"Alright, are you two ready?" Serena asked. The two nodded. "Alright then, Ninetails use Iron Tail! Primarina use Energy Ball!"

Everyone watched Serena train her Pokémon from the porch.

"She's really getting into it" Kukui said.

"It's like looking into a mirror, huh Ash" Burnet said.

Ash chuckled. "Maybe."

"Although, I don't blame her, the Galar League is not going to be easy, especially for someone who has never participated in a league before. Serena is going to need to train even harder now" Kukui said.

"True. But, I know she can do it. Serena is really strong after all" Ash said.

"That's true. I'd say she's probably the second strongest trainer in Alola" Burnet said.

"The second strongest?" Ash said.

"Right behind you of course" Burnet said with a smile.

Ash smiled. He looked at her again. 'No...I'd say she's the strongest' he said to himself. Ash looked at Kukui again. "By the way Professor, did that Professor Magnolia lady contact you again?"

Kukui shook his head. "Not yet. I was planning on calling her soon to tell her that Serena was interested in doing the gym challenge instead of you. I just want to make sure Serena is dead set on doing it."

Everyone could tell that Serena wasn't fully sure when she told them she would do it. That's when Ash had an idea. He got up and went to Serena.

"Hey Serena."

Serena turned to him. "Hey Ash, what's up?"

"Do you want to take a break and go for a walk?"

Serena smiled. "Sure!"

The two started to walk. Pikachu, Sylveon, Greninja and Delphox joining them. As they walked, Ash spoke up.

"You know, it's weird to see someone other than me train like that. You trying to steal my shtick again Serena?" Ash asked with a sly smile.

Serena giggled. "Maybe~" she said in a teasing voice. "Maybe I'll steal your clothes again next."

Ash blushed. "S-Serena?! Why would—"

Serena laughed. "I'm just teasing you. I wouldn't do that....probably."

"Probably?! That's not very reassuring Serena" Ash said still red with embarrassment.