Chapter 71: Galar League - Dragon Badge

Hello hello! I'm back with the 8th and final badge chapter! Since most of the badge chapters were way longer than I thought they'd be, this one will probably be shorter (we'll see though (I can get really into it if I've been writing long enough (as some of you may have noticed))). I'll discuss what will happen next at the end of this chapter. So enjoy!

The group emerged from the bridge connecting to Hammerlocke. They sighed as they reached the nearby Pokemon Center.

"Finally back..." Serena moaned.

"You're tellin' me..." Ash moaned.

"That hike was longer than I thought it would be" Greninja said.

"Goes to show you how big this region is" Delphox added.

They decided to rest at the Pokemon Center for the rest of the day. They all let out their Pokemon and spread out. Pikachu and Sylveon decided to stay with their trainers.

"Just one more badge and I'll make it to the Galar League tournament..." Serena said with subtle excitement.

"Which you'll win" Ash said.

Serena blushed and looked at him. "Y-...You think I can?"

"I know you can Serena. You just need some reassurance. Just look at me, I've competed in several leagues, and I did pretty well in all of them. I know you will do great in yours" he said with a warm smile.

Serena smiled as she placed her hand on her ribbon. "Thanks Ash, I'll do my very best."

Ash nodded. "But first you got one more badge to earn."

Serena nodded back. She looked at Rotom.

"Is there any info about the gym Rotom?"

"Leave it to me-roto!" He tapped on his screen and brought up the information. "The gym located in Hammerlocke specializes in Dragon types. It's regarded as the strongest gym in all of Galar. The gym leader is Raihan, who is also known to be Leon's rival."

"You mean the World Monarch Leon?!" Serena said with shock. She suddenly grew really nervous. "If this Raihan guy is considered Leon's rival, do I even stand a chance now?"

"You do Serena, don't get cold feet now, remember what I said" Ash said.

Serena took a couple breathes before calming down. She looked at Rotom again. "Is there anything else?"

"Only that he likes to do Double Battles-roto" Rotom said as his screen turned back into a mouth.

"If that's true, then maybe that's what the gym battle will be" Ash said.

"I've never heard of a gym battle being a double battle before" Serena said.

"There is one gym in Hoenn that has one. They specialize in Psychic types and are actually brother and sister" Ash explained.

"Really? So I guess that means you battled them?" Serena asked.

Ash nodded. "Yeah, although Team Rocket showed up in the middle of it and we had to change locations, but I did win in the end."

"That's unfortunate, but I'm glad you won in the end" Serena said.

"I have to thank Pikachu for that one. He and Swellow worked well together" Ash said as he rubbed Pikachu's head.

Pikachu smiled at Ash's compliment. Although he had to admit, it may have been cool back then, but looking back now, the idea of using Thunder as a kind of armor was kinda ridiculous.

While they talked, the Pokémon chatted as well. All the girls were together.

"Wow Zoroark, purple looks really good on you" Latias said.