Chapter 18: Alolan Date Night - Pikachu and Sylveon

Hello again! I'm back once again with the second date night chapter in the date night trilogy. After the uh, interesting, first date chapter, I'm gonna tone it down a little for this one. I still feel kinda upset with myself for writing the things I did, but I did plan on making it a plot point for Ash's character eventually. I'm glad I didn't get any hate responses. I probably won't touch on sensitive subjects like that until maybe after the Akala Island Challenge arc. So I guess I'll stop talking now and let you all enjoy Pikachu's and Sylveon's date night!

The morning after Ash and Serena had their date night arrived quicker than some would have wanted. It was a little after breakfast time that Ash and Serena returned to the Kukui household. The two apologized profusely for worrying them. Pikachu ran up to Ash and nuzzled his cheek, before jumping off to go chat with his other teammates. Delphox hugged Serena, Sylveon nuzzling against her legs. Serena smiled but the girls knew it was a fake smile. They were curious but had a feeling it wasn't something she wanted to talk to them about. Ash decided to do some training to prepare for his next Island Challenge trials on Akala Island. Greninja and Infernape were currently sparring with each other, Serena's Pokemon watching. Serena was looking intently at Ash the whole time. Ash's other Pokemon were having a chat before it was their turn to spar.

"You managed to master the Z-Move on your first attempt? That's awesome Passimian!" Rockruff said. Rowlet nodded his head in agreement.

Passimian rubbed the back of her head. "W-Well, I think it was just luck."

"No way! You and Ash performed really well" Pikachu said.

Passimian chuckled at all the praising. "Still, I'll never match up to you Pikachu."

Pikachu was a little surprised at that comment. "I mean, we have been together for a while now, so I guess it makes sense that we perform well together."

"Come to think of it, Infernape did mention that you and Ash had done contest matches too" Passimian said.

Pikachu nodded. "Yeah, we did some Pokemon Contests together when we traveled through Sinnoh."

Passimian suddenly remembered something else Infernape told her. "Hold on, didn't he also mention there was one Pokemon that was crushing on you all the time?"

Pikachu froze at the question. He didn't know how to respond at first. He looked at his teammates and saw they were curious to know. He let out a sigh.

"Her name was Bunnery. She was our friend Dawn's Pokemon. When we first met I protected her from an attack and she started to act a little strange. Then she got kidnapped by Team Rocket and I offered myself in exchange for her freedom. A little bit later Dawn caught her and she traveled with us. Every so often she would act weird around me. Eventually I realized she had feelings for me. But...I didn't" Pikachu explained.

Everyone was even more intrigued now.

"You weren't? How come?" Rowlet asked. 

"Well to be perfectly honest, I'm not sure. She was strong and brave and not afraid to speak her mind, but I just didn't feel any attraction to her. And eventually her weird behavior started to make me feel uncomfortable, but I tried not to show it. I still did want to be her friend, but nothing more. Now I don't know if I still want to be good friends."

"Why is that?" Rockruff asked.

Pikachu winced at that question. The memory of that day came rushing back. A day that was supposed to celebrate their victory at the Kalos League, had fallen apart so quickly, and it was partially Bunnery's fault. Nevertheless, Pikachu answered them.