Finding that compass only made my brother more convinced that our father is still out there, alive. I tried to calm him down a little bit, because I don't want him to be too much dissapointed.

„Maybe they just stole it from him, before he got dissapeared. It doesn't mean anything B." 

But he wouldn't listen to me, he has his own head. We got in a little argument which resulted in him leaving the house. I can see him from the back porch. Laying in a hammock, staring at the compass, like he did it for the past two days. Im getting really worried about that, he is getting to addicted on that thought. JJ showed up this morning seeing my brother in the hammock. „He's still holding to that, huh?"

„Yeah, I tried to talk to him few times about that, but he got very bitchy and started a fight this morning. Currently, he's not talking to me." I told JJ, while I was packing my stuff into my backpack, since my shift at the Wreck was starting in 30 minutes.

„Okay, I can try it too, but I think it's useless. You going to work? We can drop you there, since we are supposed to pick Kie and Pope up." JJ told me, right after he whistled at my brother to tell him it's time to leave. „Yeah, that would be nice, thanks JJ."

...

We got on the road when JJ started teasing John B about the whole Kiara situation. „Soo, John B, what is going on between you and our miss-saving turtles?"

„What should be going on? Nothing is going on JJ."

„I'm just saying, I think you should at least try it with her. Kiara clearly likes you. She's sketching about your diving and shit and then she kissed you man."

„She kissed me on the cheek, it was just a friendly kiss JJ."

„Nah, that's not true and you know it John B. I can see it on you" JJ started laughing.

„It doesn't matter JJ, you know the rules. No pogue on pogue macking." John B took a turn to the left where he stopped next to the Wreck. „And that rule is just one big bullshit B, and you know it." I told him while I ruffled his hair. 

„Get out, I'm still pissed at you."

„Auch"

„Don't be mean John B, she's your sister for god sake." JJ stood up for me „Thanks JJ." I leaned forward and kissed him on the cheek. „Anytime, if I get a goodbye like this y/n." He grinned at me.

„Alright that's enough, stop flirting with my sister. I'll see you this afternoon y/n, okay?" John B interrupted us. „Yeah, see ya." 

I walked into the Wreck and saw Kie having an argument with her parents. „Hi Ms. Carrera, Hi Mrs. Carrera. Kie they are outside." 

„Hello y/n. Kiara, I'm not happy that you spend all of your time with these boys, they are not good for you!" 

„And I told you, mum, they are my friends, so I'm not going to stop talking to them, just because you don't like them. I'm leaving." As she was walking away, she gave me an eye roll and I tried to hold my laugh, so I quickly ran into the changing room.

It was 11:30 o'clock when it got really full. The weather was nice, and a lot of tourists stopped by to take lunch. Of course, some of the locals showed up too. I had a free moment when I didn't have to serve anyone, so I could at least drink a little bit of water. I was on my shift with Becca again. „Dude today it's crazy. I can't wait to lay down to bed tonight." My legs were hurting so much.

„Y/n! You forget!" She turned around at me in shock. Shit, what did I forget? Oh right, her birthday. Oh my god, I'm the worst friend ever. „Of course, I did not forget. Happy birthday my sweetest Becca! I wanted to wish you a happy birthday later, with my present but whatever. I have a present for you in my locker, so as soon as we are done in here I'm gonna give it to you." Of course, I knew her birthday is coming, so I bought a present in advance and put it in my locker, so it wouldn't get destroyed back at home. But with everything going around I totally forget today was the day. „Thank you y/n, I really appreciate it." She hugged me. „That's not worth mentioning. Anyway, where are we going later to celebrate that?"

„Oh, I heard that there is supposed to be a party at a beach, so we can go there." She was really excited. „Alright, that sounds like a plan. Beach party it is. Now I gotta go, looks like there are some new arrivals in my section." I told her as I grabbed my notepad and pen.

As I got to the table I realized it was Topper, Kelce, and Rafe. 

I thought about Rafe a few times after our Kegger party, about the way he talked to me and hold me. But it really doesn't matter, because he stopped me from helping my brother, for which I'm very pissed at him.

I came to them, not even bothering to smile or be somehow nice to them. „Hey, what can get you?" 

„Oh Routledge, long time no see, It took you a while to get here and serve us." Topper said to me, and they all started laughing. I gotta keep my shit together. „Okay, one more time, what can get you?" 

Rafe and Kelce ordered Cola and burger with french fries when Topper started to grin at me and told me „I'll have the chicken sandwich with a glass of good water. Oh and how's your brother? Still coughing up water?"

 My blood started to boil, I've put a smile on my face and look Topper straight in the eye. „Be careful Topper, I'm still serving your food. Would be bad luck if a spit appear on your sandwich." His grin faded as I triumphantly walked away.

A few minutes later as I served them their food, Topper acted so distrustfully when I gave him his food and wished him Bon appetit. It was so worth it seeing him digging through his sandwich and then not even enjoying it when he was eating. I was just quietly laughing with Becca behind the bar.

...

Later when I gave them their bill and they pay me, I left without saying another word when I heard someone calling my name, when I turned around, I find out it was Rafe. „What do you want Rafe?" I looked back at him. 

„I wanted to talk to you about what happened at the beach back then. When I had to carry you away from your brother." He was pretty calm, considering I was so mean to him.

„I don't want to hear it, Rafe. You took me away, so Topper could drown my brother. And I will never forgive you for that." I told him and turned around as he grabbed me by my wrist, just like at the Kegger, only this time he was gentle. As he was holding me he started to make little circles with his thumb on my hand. „See that is not the truth. Yeah, I didn't really care about John B, but I know Topper, he would punch you in the face, no matter that you are a girl. That's why I had to get you out of there, I didn't want to see you hurt." He sounds pretty convincing, and that small circles reassure me in some way.

„How does any of this make any sense Rafe? I'm a pogue, and like two minutes before the fight started you told me, you wouldn't want me to see hurt, very ironically, if I recall correctly. So why would you care?" I'm really confused right now, what does all of this mean?

„I actually don't care that you are a pogue, and I-"

„Rafe!" Kelce interrupted him 

„Sorry I have to go, see you around." He told me and left without another word.

Why would he did not care that I'm a pogue? Kooks andPogues hate each other, so it doesn't make any sense. I was thinking about thatconversation, for the rest of my shift, still really confused..

...

Okay, we're finally getting somewhere! Please if you have any suggestion just text me. :)